Skirmish Wargames

Forum for discussion about Wargaming, Painting, Books, Terrain, Research and general banter!
Anonymous

Skirmish Wargames

Post by Anonymous » Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:47 am

Hi All, from a New Kid on the Block !
Barry recently posted photographs of our Game held at Partizan this year under the title "Taiping Rebellion" but was unsure of the Group.

We are "Skirmish Wargames Group" and we are a UK based (but also an International )collection of people mainly focusing on 54mm Skirmish Games and of later years - full blown Wargames. We have been doing this as a Group for over 30 years now !

Our Website is http://www.rottenlead.com/skirmnuke/index.php

Please feel free to visit the site and we would be keen to get Comments form this Group on our efforts either on this site or posted under the relevant pics in our Gallery. I t has over 435 Pics currently in various Folders.

Finally, Barry thanks for the compliments, particularly form the LofA, who WE have always admired for YOUR efforts.
Have you ever thought of gaming in 54mm??? I am sure your efforts would be most impressive, so , how about an Alliance with us and get started in 54mm???

Thanks again.

Wayne "Duke" Millard
SWG
Anonymous

Tee Hee

Post by Anonymous » Thu Aug 04, 2005 3:54 pm

Tee hee just what you need Barry another scale to paint and collect. Remember showing me those 15mm tanks :lol:
regards Lindsay
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Fri Aug 05, 2005 7:14 pm

Dear Duke,
firstly an apology for misnaming the Boxer Rebellion. I will recaption the pics asap. I was very impressed by SWG's game at Partizan and hesitated to approach you all as you seemed so into it that I thought inane comments from me would be a nuisance. I came to goggle on several occasions and marvelled at the detail and beautiful touches.

I take your own feedback on my work as a compliment indeed :oops: :D
Interestingly the larger scale bug bit me ever so slightly when I was at Historicon. The Sash & Saber stuff in 40mm was very tempting. I know these are mere pygmies compared with your 54mm giants but.. you never know.

If you are at Partizan in September I'll trot over and introduce myself this time.
Meanwhile with your permission I shall add a link to your very nice site. Please let me know if this is ok.

Cheers

Barry

Lindsay(aka Satan) GET YE BEHIND ME!
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Tue Aug 16, 2005 12:08 pm

Dear Barry

Please post the Link and obviously we can return the favour. I had to grin at your comments about approaching us because we feel the same about doing the reverse on some games for the exact same reason. :wink:

Please feel free to approach us though , we are a VERY friendly Group, even though not so young these days! We are always on the lookout for other escaped inmates- sorry I meant like minded souls. All I would say about the Hobby I love, is that gaming in our scale-54mm for all its vices and restrictions brings about the reaction called the Wow ! Factor from most onlookers.It is not Unique to us by any means, but it occurs almost every time people see our games, even if they shake their heads in disbelief at the same time !

As a Group there is a hardcore in the UK of about 8-10 of us and we have a mixed bag of skills that complement the Groups efforts. We will not be at the Other Partizan BUT will be at Colours '05 at Newbury, Berkshire, with our Premier Game this year - "The Eagle has Landed" Game set in sleepy England c.1943 straight from the Film. Some of the Members have produced some really striking pieces of Terrain you need to see to believe( a full blown Church & Water mill in 54mm !) let alone the rest of the Village !

One thing I would add here, because we are unable to stay focused and run out one game for several occassions , we nearly always put on different games every time. We have enough Critical Mass in figures and Terrain these days to be able to do that.

So if you (or any other members of this Group fel so inclined get in contact with me) if you feel lured towards 54mm ! (With our knowledge of sources- 54mm is a much better choice than 40mm and cheaper - trust me!). We have even gone bigger than that on Sci-Fi Projects as well.
So back to you...make sure you come and say Hi next time or relpy via our site or this one. I am sure you would enjoy the step change !
So what Period do you fancy ?????

Kind Regards

Wayne "Duke" Millard
Skirmish Wargames Group