TARGE 2010 SATURDAY 13th NOVEMBER

Forum for discussion about Wargaming, Painting, Books, Terrain, Research and general banter!
Dale
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

TARGE 2010 SATURDAY 13th NOVEMBER

Post by Dale » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:14 pm

TARGE 2010 is on Saturday 13th November in Websters High School, Prosen Road, Kirriemuir, the new venue that we moved to last year.

We have eighteen clubs taking part, loads of traders including Dave Thomas with his massive range of ranges, a large Bring and Buy with some prominent wargamers thinning out their collections and over £800.00 worth of prizes for the competitions.

I'm looking forward to seeing many of the Gentlemen who are taking part in various capacities including Barry Hilton as the head honcho on the panel of judges.
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:29 pm

The judging panel will definitely not be thinning out because you have promised to keep us going with PIES. Double helping for PIE MUNCHER ANDERSON...
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
thinredline
Colonel
Colonel

Post by thinredline » Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:14 pm

you'll get fat Barry :!:
"There is no retreat from here, men," Campbell told them as he rode down the line, "you must die where you stand."
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:49 pm

fatt-ER Bob :roll:

Henry Ford
big-gazza
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
Location: Married with Children........in Strathaven, Scotland.

Post by big-gazza » Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:21 pm

Hi,
well I hope to make it along for a couple of hours in the afternoon.

Havn't been before so looking forward to it.

Thanks

Gazza
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:23 am

good show. Lots of nice games. I was particularly impressed by Falkirk's Greeks v Italians effort, David's ECW, Iron Brigade's D Day, Colin Jack's Manchuria game.. we should stop pretending is is SESWC and acknowledge that Colin and Dave normally do all the work!

The Aberdeen Roman Labyrinth was also really ingenious... nice 8)

Henry Ford
Cameronian
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Targe

Post by Cameronian » Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:55 am

Yup, enjoyed it. Good venue, incredibly friendly and helpful locals. The Lorne rolls were indeed good! Bit tight for space between the traders' stands and game tables. I'll certainly be back next year.
"You might well think that; I couldn't possibly comment"

http://cameronian-onlyagame.blogspot.com/
http://camcpproj.blogspot.co.uk/
martin terroni
Captain
Captain

Post by martin terroni » Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:05 pm

Yep, light is good at the new venue, but the space is the main issue. Really a nightmare to be fair. Some nice tables. But I think I prefer the old town hall.
"There's no booze, there's no broads, there's no action!
thinredline
Colonel
Colonel

Post by thinredline » Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:26 pm

No steps, plenty of restriction free parking, and the locals are friendly :wink: But then, I'm a biased former Kirriemarian :lol:
"There is no retreat from here, men," Campbell told them as he rode down the line, "you must die where you stand."
martin terroni
Captain
Captain

Post by martin terroni » Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:20 pm

True, Bob, but further away from the pub etc. And the cash machine!! But it was a nightmare at dave t stand. You moved the wrong way, you would knock half the stand down, plus couldn't really stop at the other stands
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:07 pm

barr7430 wrote:Lots of nice games... we should stop pretending is is SESWC and acknowledge that Colin and Dave normally do all the work!
Barry, thanks for the kind comment about our games but poor Colin had to put it on himself this year due to previous commitments. I don't understand why more guys at SESWC put on demo games? it's certainly NOT due to lack of talent, the club has some great figure painters and terrain makers.

Cheers
Dave
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:11 pm

Yup, no doubt about that Dave. Often it is the same old guys doing the work.. one of the reasons why clubs have never been my scene

Anyway, get those bloody dancing shoes off and get painting you SLACKER!

Henry Ford
Dale
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Dale » Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:23 pm

Thanks for the positive comments about the show lads. We think it ran very well and we have been able to make donations to Combat Stress, Websters High School and the Day Care Centre in Kirriemuir.

Martin, nice to see you at the show although we didn't get a chance to have a chat. You'll be pleased to know that the space problem should sorted next year and that Dave Thomas has negotiated and pre-booked a much larger and more open stall for TARGE 2011. We aim to please.

On a personal note, although I didn't get much time to view the tables, all eighteen were of a good standard or better and some were absolutely fantastic. Thanks to the many League of Gentlemen Wargamers past and present who contributed to the high quality games and the fun atmosphere.
martin terroni
Captain
Captain

Post by martin terroni » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:42 pm

Glad to hear it Dale, it was a bit of an issue. Like everything in life, just takes a little practice before you get it right. Sorry couldn't chat, I have turned into one of these " shoot and scoot" visitors to shows these days. Max time at any show for me is about 2 hours and then I,m off :wink:
billwargames
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Post by billwargames » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:52 pm

Dale,
really enjoyed the show it had agreat buzz about it and a good variety of games on display.I was just wondering when the prizes are presented for painting would it be possible to mention what the award winner painted.(dont know if time constraints would allow this)For example saw an excellent 15mm Ottoman army and had hoped to asked the painter what figures he had used.It might be a good additional to the announcement,
best regards
Bill..............
biomed