LEAGUE OF AUGSBURG AT DERBY 2nd October

Forum for discussion about Wargaming, Painting, Books, Terrain, Research and general banter!
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

LEAGUE OF AUGSBURG AT DERBY 2nd October

Post by barr7430 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:47 pm

Toggy Bob, Ade and I are putting on a version of Walcourt at Derby on Sunday only. We have some photo shot commits with the game on Saturday so won't make it to the show.
We will be using Ade's fantastic terrain which can been seen in the gallery here
http://www.leagueofaugsburg.com/gallery ... 6-369.html

We will also have the largest number of painted WARFARE MINIATURES yet assembled in one spot (about 170) in the following units:

Coldstream Guards (English)
Earl of Bath's Regiment (English)
Dongan's Dragoons (Irish)
Regiment Piemont (French)
Regiment Conde (French)
Regiment Bourke (Irish)
Artillery
Vignettes

Painting by Toggy and I.

Dave Thomas is selling the range at the show. If you want to throw some dice with BLB2 come along to the table.. any difficult questions about the rules on a postcard to Dave O'Brien please :lol:

see you there
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Re: LEAGUE OF AUGSBURG AT DERBY 2nd October

Post by obriendavid » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:03 pm

barr7430 wrote: If you want to throw some dice with BLB2 come along to the table.. any difficult questions about the rules on a postcard to Dave O'Brien please :lol:
It will have to be a postcard to France, very bad planning arranging a wedding when there is a wargames show on the same weekend. :cry:
Enjoy the show guys.
Cheers
Dave
Rob Herrick
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by Rob Herrick » Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:44 am

Have fun, despite being on the wrong side of the pond yet again . . .

We expect lots of pictures!
With Gen'l Custer Down in Mexico: Yes, one of the goals is to see how many times one can get him killed.
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:22 pm

Very much enjoyed the Derby Show despite being locked in the tournament room about 100 miles from the main Atrium. I would be happy to do the show again if a better spot was made available. We had a fantastic day. Bob learned:

What to do with GA period Horse!
What not to do with GA period Horse!
The power of the first volley!
What happens to my Dragoons when he has 4 infantry battalions in place before I get to the target!

He has also painted a couple of fine WARFARE MINIATURES battalions.. nice Toggy! 8)

Henry Ford
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:26 pm

Photos when I 'dock'.. Friday perhaps

Henry Ford
parkinspieces
Major
Major

Post by parkinspieces » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:29 pm

Barry, it was good to see you again despite the "circumstances", rest assured, I've been advised by the organisers that they won't be repeating the same mistake again. They thought it would work, it didn't :roll: so next year they will shoe horn everything into the main area. I should imagine anyone not showing up next year(without valid rason) will not get invited again, such has been the demand for demo/participation games to attend, just a shame they can't filter out some of the not so good games. However, it's not a Partizan show and they need to appeal to all sections of the gaming community. Just make sure you give your contact details early as if like this year they may to pick names out of a hat to who gets in :|

Again, a great looking game and really enjoyed chatting to Ade n getting ideas off him re the TSS terrain tiles.

Cheers

Stuart
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:49 pm

Yup great to see the rare 'Parkins' species in their natural habitat, although when the Bull is in an aggressive mood it is a dangerous sight to behold! SHOW ORGANIZERS BEWARE! :shock:

Henry Ford
Gary
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Gary » Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:19 pm

I went to Derby with the express desire to see Walcourt in action and possibly get some info on one particular Dutch flag I am after (Nassau-Saarbrucken-Ottweiler actually) from some of the more learned than I types at the game, but thought you were not there, tucked away as I later discovered you were.

Sad to have missed the game. The last time I saw you guys on tour was probably 15 years ago at Warcon in Birmingham. I must get out more....

Gary