Beer & Lard 2012

Forum for discussion about Wargaming, Painting, Books, Terrain, Research and general banter!
EvilGinger
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Beer & Lard 2012

Post by EvilGinger » Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:54 pm

Beer & Lard

Saturday 13th of October
10am to 8pm

The Salvation Army Citadel
Mosley Street,
Burton upon Trent
Staffordshire.
DE14 1DR

A games day featuring the works of the Toofatlardies with participation demonstration games for many of them. It will be attended by the author, Richard Clarke, & several other notorious lardie personalties, including Sid who will be bringing his jaw dropingly wonderful world war one scenery & a mini campaign of linked small actions.

Will also Likely feature IABSM III, Dux Brittanarvm amongst others all figures & terrain provided along with on site tea coffee & biscuits with adjacent well stocked wargames shop, Spirit Games & several fine pubs, The Roebuck, Devonshire Arms & Coopers Tavern for after game discussions & a choice of really good beer to lubricate this.

All this will cost £3 on the day to cover the cost of the hall

:evil: Ginger
EvilGinger
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Re: Beer & Lard 2012

Post by EvilGinger » Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:06 pm

going a little off topic but I would also be very happy to organise the same sort of event for Barry's equally fine products at an other time

barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:15 pm

Interesting idea Ginger. We could explore that........... :idea:
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
EvilGinger
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by EvilGinger » Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:00 am

Drop me a PM on that Barry but I like to promote & periods I like & rules sets I feel do them justice & it has the positive side effect of getting me more wargames than I would otherwise. I am also a member of at least two of the local wargames clubs Derby & Burton & can brother them to get involved.

EvilGinger
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by EvilGinger » Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:28 am

Blogs about the Previous Beer & lard sadly in 2010 due to pressure of work on my part but will I hope raise your interest.

sidneyroundwood.blogspot.co.uk/2010/11/ ... -2010.html

Through the mud & the Blood with Sid

In the American civil war with a pre release game of "Terrible Sharpe Sword" the period supplement for "Sharpe Practice"

Robert Avery author of Vis Bellica amongst other things ran three IABSM games over the day on from the defence of Calais, one In Burma & a final one on the breakout form Anzio all of which are on his VisLardica site but I am unable to locate then mostly because I cant remember the names of the scenarios

EvilGinger
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by EvilGinger » Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:04 pm

The final publicity drive for this has truly begun I will be over at Burton & district Wargames club in Stretton next week & Derby Wargames Society the following week.

The perfect chance to try new styles of game & new periods & have a lot of fun doing so not to mention the after party beers which it being Burton the beer capital of the world are worth it in themselves.

parkinspieces
Major
Major

Post by parkinspieces » Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:36 pm

Thanks for posting, I'll be there and I'll see if I can drag some of me mates over as well!!

Cheers

Stuart
EvilGinger
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by EvilGinger » Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:57 am

Stuart
Thank you I shall make sure they have fun & some good beer to wash it all down with