League of Augsburg Blog - Join it!

Forum for discussion about Wargaming, Painting, Books, Terrain, Research and general banter!
quindia
General
General

Re: League of Augsburg Blog - Join it!

Post by quindia » Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:12 pm

Cheriton wrote:Clarence:

Must I do so in order for my comments to be posted and read? :|

Michael
Not that I know of, but as Gunter mentioned I have a gmail account so I've never used any of the other forms of sign in. You should not need to subscribe to add a comment...
Churchill
General
General

Post by Churchill » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:20 am

Ray.
Last edited by Churchill on Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:11 pm

We're piling stuff onto the blog now with about 15 articles finished and queuing.. we are really enjoying doing this!
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
quindia
General
General

Post by quindia » Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:13 am

The LoA blog is off to a great start and we have lots of great articles coming up, but in the spirit of alliance that was the League of Augsburg, we would like to invite you to participate! We are now accepting submissions for guest authors to add articles of their own. This could be a snippet of history, an article on painting or collecting models, building terrain, a scenario or after action report, a FEATURED REGIMENT, info on uniforms, flags, or equipment, or simply some nice photos of models or units.

Unfortunately as this is mainly a labor of love on our part, we can't provide compensation other than the promotion of your personal blogs or other projects you may be involved in.

This is awesome! How do I get involved?
Send a brief outline of your submission to loasubmissions@gmail.com to make sure we don't already have a similar article on the schedule (the same subject of a Featured Regiment for example). I just don't want someone putting lots of effort into a project only to find out we can't use it. If you have an epic idea along the lines of one of Barry's series, we can publish the piece in installments. Don't panic if you don't hear back right away... I will try to check the email account every day, but I might not always be able to respond the same day.

I'd like to submit an article, but I don't have photos.
No problem... We probably do. We borrow from each other already and we can most likely find something to go with your idea, create maps, etc. Just mention that when you send your outline.

Do I have to use BLB, Donnybrook, or Warfare Miniatures?
Not at all. Obviously Beneath the Lily Banners and Donnybrook are our chosen rules, but if you run games with Black Powder, 1644, or something else it's fine to include references to them. Likewise we have an interest in promoting Warfare Miniatures, but our own collections and articles feature models from other manufacturers. The only restriction on submissions is that the period fall within the late 17th/early 18th century... If you have any doubts we will sort them out in the outline process.

Once the outline is approved, will I have a deadline?
No. We don't work to deadlines and neither do you. Assuming we approve the outline, I will make a note of the submission, but your article will not be scheduled for the rotation until it's finished... No pressure from this end.

I'm not a great writer.
Yeah, neither am I. Submit a photo spread and we'll work out the text to go with it. Articles may be subject to editing as well, though anything major will be discussed with the author first.

So that's it! If you simply want to submit a one off article or a more ambitious series of posts, your efforts will be welcome. We want the LoA blog to grow into a resource for the period, both for history and wargaming, and having the help of the community will go a long way toward achieving that goal (and won't have to just listen to us spout off all the time).

Thanks!
Scruff
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Post by Scruff » Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:01 am

The blog is great :)

Can we maybe get a quick link at the top of the page where its says "Home, News, Events etc" to the blog?

cheers
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:17 pm

I'll speak to Stuart
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Friedrich August I. » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:58 am

Is there a reason why the blog is not to be reached at the moment?
MAybe it is my new Laptop with this buggy Win 8.1 or I missed something in the prefs of Firefox but I was there this morning... and now .. loading without end and then blank... nothing.
„Macht Euch Euren Dregg alleene“

"Sort your filth out by yourself!" The King of Saxony Friedrich August III., at his abdication 1918, referred to the quarrels in the parliament and the squabbling within the provisional government.
quindia
General
General

Post by quindia » Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:04 am

Dunno... it's working on my desktop, but not on my iPad!

I'll contact them if it keeps up...
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Friedrich August I. » Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:07 am

quindia wrote:Dunno... it's working on my desktop, but not on my iPad!

I'll contact them if it keeps up...
Weird..Desktop in use here too..I hate Win 8.1.. hit the refresh button and tell me your desktop can do it then I know that its only me
„Macht Euch Euren Dregg alleene“

"Sort your filth out by yourself!" The King of Saxony Friedrich August III., at his abdication 1918, referred to the quarrels in the parliament and the squabbling within the provisional government.
quindia
General
General

Post by quindia » Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:14 am

It's not only you... It's happening off and on with my PC now too...

Sigh... I'll send Google a note...
Dfogleman2
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by Dfogleman2 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:58 pm

Same here, with my iPad.
quindia
General
General

Post by quindia » Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:49 pm

Ok, the main part of the blog is back up, but the menues are not working... something to do with a JavaScript version for part of the code and an update by Google. You can go through posts, search topics, click on most of the links on the right, etc. but you will have to use the back button to return to the home screen. I will probably have to redesign the whole thing over the next week or so... Guess it's time for a new look!

Anyway, that's the best I can do on my iPad... I need to get to my PC for serious coding.
quindia
General
General

Post by quindia » Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:40 am

Ok, it should be fixed, but the slider links at the top are out of date... it may take me a couple of days to get time to bring these up to date...