Russian Napoleonic Bandsmen

Forum for discussion about Wargaming, Painting, Books, Terrain, Research and general banter!
Scruff
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Russian Napoleonic Bandsmen

Post by Scruff » Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:47 am

Hello all, Im not having much luck and thought I would pick the collectives brains.

I want to paint up a band for my Russian Napoleonic army and not having much luck and finding some figures in 28mm.

Does anyone know if there are any figures for making this unit?

cheers
sharnydubs
Colonel
Colonel

Re: Russian Napoleonic Bandsmen

Post by sharnydubs » Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:44 am

Sorry but I have never seen any Napoleonic Russian bandsmen in 28mm on sale or anything close. Foundry do have French Napoleonic bandsmen but they would require a lot of conversion. Plenty of Russian drummers available (at least you can buy them singly from Front Rank or Steve Barber).
Peter

"The only winner in the War of 1812 was Tchaikovsky"
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Re: Russian Napoleonic Bandsmen

Post by Friedrich August I. » Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:45 pm

Scruff wrote:Hello all, Im not having much luck and thought I would pick the collectives brains.

I want to paint up a band for my Russian Napoleonic army and not having much luck and finding some figures in 28mm.

Does anyone know if there are any figures for making this unit?

cheers
While Steve Barber has been mentioned here I would suggest to contact him and let him sculpt the bandsmen you like to have. Only thing from your side will be to provide pictures and informations how Steve should do them. E-mail to be sent to:

enquiries@stevebarbermodels.com

He is offering the service to sculpt what you like to have and what you cant find with other companies.
„Macht Euch Euren Dregg alleene“

"Sort your filth out by yourself!" The King of Saxony Friedrich August III., at his abdication 1918, referred to the quarrels in the parliament and the squabbling within the provisional government.