CRISIS 2013

Forum for discussion about Wargaming, Painting, Books, Terrain, Research and general banter!
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

CRISIS 2013

Post by barr7430 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:47 pm

Having ensconced myself in Brugge,drank my fill of Brugse Zot and generally calmed down after today I thought I would briefly report on CRISI 2013.
Great show, many good games, approximately 2,000 through the door and that was an unofficial 'official' estimate from TSA themselves.

My Bokkenrijders game went down very well and I was delighted with the response. I even got to meet Glenn.. the guy who originally pointed me in the direction of the GOAT GUYS. He seemed genuinely surprised that he had started such a snowball rolling!

Great to chat with Burkhard (Great R2E game by the way!), the Red Barons of Ghent, so many of the TSA guys including Willie, Johan, Patrick and Axel (oh crap.. just realized I did not get my free figure for Bob Miller!!!!) Any TSA guys reading this can you help me out??

Nick(North Star), Dan (WI), DT & Phil, Jack, Jim and the SESWC lads (nice kilts boys!), Alan from Wellington NZ, Bart (Well deserved winner of the most original game trophy), Edwin.. nice to chat with you all today.

I honestly think this is one of THE premier shows on the circuit now and ranks in the premier league with Historicon and the top flight UK shows. All power to TSA for staging the most truly international wargames show on earth bar none. 8)
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
Geudens
Corporal
Corporal

Re: CRISIS 2013

Post by Geudens » Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:48 am

I'll forward your request for the figures to Johan. Many thanks to for pointing out to me that your wife is much more interesting than you; you're sooo right! :lol:
I really appreciated the fact that she came after me to offer me some money :lol: ... (in YOUR presence, of all things... :wink: ). Hope to see you at C14!

Rudi
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:02 am

Ah, Rudi... so sorry for missing you from my name check list.. how could I forget your charm!

thanks on the figure issue. Bob will ne so disappointed if I don't send him his 'hero' :wink:

Henry Ford
Geudens
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Geudens » Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:34 am

barr7430 wrote:Ah, Rudi... so sorry for missing you from my name check list.. how could I forget your charm!
Don't worry about that, as long as your lovely wife does remember me... :lol:
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:21 pm

barr7430 wrote: thanks on the figure issue. Bob will ne so disappointed if I don't send him his 'hero' :wink:
You were supposed to pick up one for me as well :roll:
If you want something done ask Gwen in the future. :wink:
It does look like a great show.
Cheers
Dave
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:25 pm

A message from the Hilton Family to the TSA member who made the chocolates which Rudi gifted to us towards the end of the afternoon....

THESE WERE HEAVENLY. WE FOUGHT OVER THEM! MY WIFE WANTS TO PLACE HER ORDER WITH THECHOCOLATIER AT HIS CONVENIENCE!.. WHO IS THE GENIUS???? :shock: :shock: :shock:

Henry Ford
Geudens
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Geudens » Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:22 pm

barr7430 wrote:A message from the Hilton Family to the TSA member who made the chocolates which Rudi gifted to us towards the end of the afternoon....

THESE WERE HEAVENLY. WE FOUGHT OVER THEM! MY WIFE WANTS TO PLACE HER ORDER WITH THECHOCOLATIER AT HIS CONVENIENCE!.. WHO IS THE GENIUS???? :shock: :shock: :shock:

I'm afraid that wasn't me (would have eaten them myself... :lol: ). Johan will know, though....