Hi everybody!

Forum for discussion about Wargaming, Painting, Books, Terrain, Research and general banter!
General Hugh

Hi everybody!

Post by General Hugh » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:07 am

Hi,

I'm new to the forum - although I've been reading the posts and drooling over the images for years - and just wanted to say hi.
I'm based in York in the UK and am interested in several periods besides WSS, mainly 19th Century Sudan (28mm) and 1980's 'What if' cold war (20mm).

I finally took the plunge to join the forum as my WSS project has finally come back around to the front of the painting queue.
Several years ago my regular opponent and I were invited over to Grimsby Wargames Society (A special hi! to any of those guys on here) to play a couple of HUGE WSS games in 28mm. This inspired us to start our own 28mm WSS armies and we have now set August this year as the date for our first game.

Unfortunately after starting the project we have decided to switch sides which means that I now have a partial Bavarian Brigade and a partial British Brigade - oh well he who dies with the most toys wins, right?

Thanks for having me - I'll be putting some images up later but just wanted to check in.

Tim
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Hi everybody!

Post by barr7430 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:18 pm

Welcome Tim!

I am sure the members here will try and help woth any info you need.. let's see some of your project when you get it on the road
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
General Hugh

Post by General Hugh » Fri May 04, 2018 7:58 pm

Thank you for the welcome.

Once I've plucked up enough courage to show my work and enough skill to take good enough photos, I'll get some work in progress picks up.

A lot of the figure painting here is sooooo good and so consistent over whole armies that it's a bit intimidating :D
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Sat May 05, 2018 3:56 am

Don't worry about that, just join in!
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford