The Deluge a new Polish and Cossack Project

Forum for discussion about Wargaming, Painting, Books, Terrain, Research and general banter!
RogerC
Colonel
Colonel

The Deluge a new Polish and Cossack Project

Post by RogerC » Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:08 am

So as I am on Furlough and have some time on my hands, instead of tacklign the Lead Mountain I ahve chosen to add to it. Sigh.

I already have a number of Poles and Cossacks to use with the Great Northenr War collection, I have decided to expand these for the earlier 1655-60 period. Once Barry releases the Warfare Cossacks and Tatars I expect to see more cavalry joining this project. More detail on my blog here:

https://gapagnw.blogspot.com/2020/04/th ... s-and.html

Imagefoot cossack by Roger Castle, on Flickr

Imagewinged hussars by Roger Castle, on Flickr
Adam Hayes
Colonel
Colonel

Re: The Deluge a new Polish and Cossack Project

Post by Adam Hayes » Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:15 am

I do sometimes think that "mission creep" is a concept very familiar to wargamers! A logical expansion for you though and a good excuse to use Poles at the height of their powers rather than the sad shadow of the GNW.
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:29 am

Nice project Roger. I have both mounted cossack and tatar greens sitting in front of me as I speak. I await the moulding services returning to normal to get these to production
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
RogerC
Colonel
Colonel

Post by RogerC » Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:06 pm

Thanks guys, it certainly feels a logical step Adam, I can use all the troops I am lookign at so far for Great Northenr War too (Although Polish Dragoons with Matchlock might look a bit out.

Barry I was going to pick up a regiment of your Cossack foot, but realising I had a small lead hill to paint already and it made sense to get them the same time as the Cossack horse when you release them.

That said if I run out of Pancerni and Cossack foot to paint.........