Sad News

Forum for discussion about Wargaming, Painting, Books, Terrain, Research and general banter!
Adam Hayes
Colonel
Colonel

Sad News

Post by Adam Hayes » Sun May 30, 2021 10:29 pm

I have some very sad news to pass along. Quite a few of you have met Les Rumble, who was one of the small Essex contingent who attended many of the wargame weekends at Derby and Dumfries. He played the wily Marquis de St Ruhe in the Battle for Britain campaign and stepped in as Wellington at the last moment in the giant Waterloo game. Les was in hospital waiting on a fairly routine operation when he suddenly suffered a heart attack and was not able to be revived. He had his family with him when he passed away on the 23rd May.

Obviously all his friends and family are still in shock, we have a Les-shaped gap in our lives that is hard to understand. I suppose I have been lucky to have such an enthusiastic and good humoured friend to push toy soldiers around a table with over the last 40 years, but I was really counting on having another 40 to complete all the projects we’d started together! RIP Les, going to miss you.
Last edited by Adam Hayes on Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Re: Sad News

Post by obriendavid » Mon May 31, 2021 7:18 pm

My condolences on the loss of your friend especially harder when you have been friends for so long.
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Friedrich August I. » Mon May 31, 2021 8:23 pm

I am very sorry to hear that he has passed away.
My sincerest Condolences.
„Macht Euch Euren Dregg alleene“

"Sort your filth out by yourself!" The King of Saxony Friedrich August III., at his abdication 1918, referred to the quarrels in the parliament and the squabbling within the provisional government.
j1mwallace
Major General
Major General

Post by j1mwallace » Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:20 am

Sorry to hear this Adam .