FOUR EMPIRES AT SALUTE

covering mainly Crimean & American Civil War
EvilGinger
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Re: FOUR EMPIRES AT SALUTE

Post by EvilGinger » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:07 am

I may just be in a more than usually bad mood this morning but that is the sort of idiot who is going to kill gaming. Granted I like my history & historical accuracy but you can take it beyond reason & he has & is asking for a therapeutic beating from the likes of me. Therapeutic to me you understand beating the wadding out of folks who really deserve it makes me feel loads better.

The Lardie lot that made it to Salute seemed to have taken one look & retired to the Fox I think it was for a beer or several & chat.

:evil: Ginger
BP
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by BP » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:59 pm

barr7430 wrote:I am sure Bob will add some comments especially about the bloke who wanted to measure the length of GWM gun barrels to check for accuracy....
POT HELMET MAN IS ALIVE AND WELL :shock: :shock: :shock:
I had a good long chat with Aly M while yourself and Bob were busy answering questions and mentioned the crank handle issue, to which he had a few choice words to say. :)

He also went on to say they used actual pictures of Crimean war batteries etc for the sculpts, and just because the regulations say one thing, doesnt mean its going to be that way.

Enjoyable day out, with my only impulse buy being my Scots warband for Saga ;)

Bill
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:57 pm

As Bob christened the perp..

Doktor Otto von Crankhandl..

At least I think that is what he said... :shock:
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
toggy
Major General
Major General

Post by toggy » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:01 pm

barr7430 wrote:As Bob christened the perp..

Doktor Otto von Crankhandl..

At least I think that is what he said... :shock:
That was 1 of the names I called him & I don't suppose the rest are suitable family reading.

However he has definitely invented a new xmas party game, you will need 1 tape measure/ruler (mm preferably) & 1 gun barrell(of the 1834 Russian variety, not to be confused with the earlier edition, which as we all know does NOT have crank handles on the side. All you have to do then is measure the diameter of the bore (another name for Doktor Otto von Crankhandl..) gather all of your model roundshot together & hope that the things will fit , or else you will have to bin all your lovely models as they are just so wrong.

At least the guy did have the wit to ask me if he was boring me :roll: :roll: :roll: , but sadly I was already in a coma by then, hey ho it takes all sorts!!!!!
We are not retreating - we are advancing in another direction. Macarthur, Douglas