Franco-Prussian

covering mainly Crimean & American Civil War
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:29 pm

Hi Pat, I thought I had previously sent you a copy of the rules and army lists? There are no specific ammendments for the FPW in the rules, the specifics are in the army lists.

Cheers
Dave
parkinspieces
Major
Major

Post by parkinspieces » Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:25 pm

Dave

What base sizes do you use for 1866/1870 :?: And have you seen the news about Crusader Mins talking (yes I know, sculptors always talk a lot:wink: ) about his new 'Rank & File' range with the possibility of basic French FPW line Infantry :lol: :?: I do hope so, but we'll have to see.

On another note, in the new WI247, the Perries have an article on converting their new plastic ACW, Aly has even done one as an 1866 Austrian Inf :D with future conversion's by Aly to be posted on the Perries website. Now with Aly's BIG interest in the FPW and other mid19th Century wars, I do hope he will not disapoint us...I'll be badgering him at Kelham :twisted:
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:42 pm

Hi Stuart, unfortunately Aly is likely to miss the May Partizan as he is attending (unwillingly) a wedding in Norfolk on the Saturday and is staying overnight so he is unlikely to get back in time but just badger him any time you see him and Dave.

As for basing I basically use the Warhammer system. Infantry are based on 20mm squares although some manufacturers figures have to be on 25mm deep. Cavalry are based 25x50mm and artillery are based depending on the battery size. I use a basis of 1 artillery figure represents 2 guns so a 4 gun battery will have a 40mm frontage a 6 gun battery is 60mm wide and an 8 gun battery is wide. Depth depends on the models.

Hope this helps
Dave
parkinspieces
Major
Major

Post by parkinspieces » Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:45 pm

Dave

Aly now says their may be a good chance of him making it to Partizan, should think so to, last year I went to May Partizan, all day, on my wife's 40th birthday and Sept Partizan for a few hours before heading off to my sisters wedding :twisted: :wink:

Yes folks, Partizan is usually that good :lol:

Just to plug that fantastic range of Great War Miniatures :lol: :wink: , have you sen their new 1914 French, I will certainly be buying some, not only for 1914 but also to see for conversion potential for 1870 Republican French i.e the Regs de Marche, I've done the same with some old Foundry 1914 French when I bought a job lot with their rifles across their waists, so you can't see the 2 incorrect pouches and green stuffed a new cart. box over the back pouch and slightly altered the Lebel rifle to Chassepot, en masse you wouldn't know the difference (plus with a few head changes from Redoubt's range of ACW kepi heads to add variety).

Going back to the subject of the Perry Miniatures plastic ACW, I wonder if gamers have realised how they can add variety to those figures with using Redoubts seperate head packs :idea: :?:
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:01 pm

Just noticed the French figures on TMP, they look as lovely as you would expect from Aly and Dave I just wonder how they would fit in size wise with the Foundry FPW?

Cheers
Dave