Stuart Asquith's Crimean War guide

covering mainly Crimean & American Civil War
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Stuart Asquith's Crimean War guide

Post by barr7430 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:34 pm

Just received a copy of Stuart's new book having arrived back at base to a small pile of mail. It's nice. I was able to help Stuart out with a couple of photos which I am happy to say have come up well. The Bob Marrion plates are attractive as are the maps.
I know Stuart is not as involved in the hobby as he used to be but when he turns his mind to it he can still turn out some cracking stuff. Well done Stuart.
I hope our Crimean pamphlet will join it on the shelves soon and that there is not rel duplication.
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
StevieC
Private
Private

Re: Stuart Asquith's Crimean War guide

Post by StevieC » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:11 pm

Hi Barry

Sorry to ask again but any update on release date of the rules, you mentioned at Salute that it should be June, has it gone back?

don't forget not pushing but as I said at Salute give me a call if you get into any trouble with the print.

I have also purchased Stuart's book and really enjoyed it, just a small shame that the same picture of some Russian Naval figures appears twice within in a matter of pages early in the book

Steve
parkinspieces
Major
Major

Post by parkinspieces » Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:41 pm

Been up to Caliver Books today to get my copy of the Guide and very nice it is to.

I also picked up their new book for my son, so new I think it had only just been delivered as Dave wasn't expecting it for another week :shock: , Partizan Press's book on "Uniforms of the Russian Army During the Crimean War 1854 - 1856" by Laurence Spring with unifom illustrations by Bob Marrion and flag plates by Lesley Prince. :D

Best thing is of course is I'll get to read it without having had to pay for it, this is one of the few times I'm glad my lad is into wargaming 8)

Stuart
StevieC
Private
Private

Post by StevieC » Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:26 pm

I saw that being advertised on the Partizan Press page, is it a good buy? Are there many illustrations or are they just the ones from the wargaming guide.
I would appreciate your feedback and opinion.
Cheers
Steve
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:04 am

Yes Stevie,

I noticed the same photo on 2 pages...thought that was a bit weird actually.

Re: Four Empires. I know it has turned into Bill Bunter's postal order but really things are still happening. I have a game this week for the scenarios section. All the scenarios (5) except this one are written and just need an edit/format/maps. The rest of it is done but I need to get some other new photos to Clarence.

What has really held me up was work, Warfare Miniatures and unfortunately the illness and passing of my Mother.

We'll get there :wink:
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
StevieC
Private
Private

Post by StevieC » Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:54 am

Really sorry to hear about your Mum.

All the best

Steve