Late Roman v Barbarians

For gaming comments, queries, painting and modelling tips relating to the periods generically classed as 'Ancients'
nevermore
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Late Roman v Barbarians

Post by nevermore » Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:15 pm

Late Roman v Barbarians

Been very busy over the last couple of weeks, beginning of my daughters campaign against Discrimination against disability,really proud of her, so very sorry for not posting up for the last couple of weeks.

Here is a game of Late Roman v Barbarians, its all 28mm size and a massive battle, good fun and plenty of laughs as always, few pictures lots more on the website in the gallery.

image upload with preview

gifs upload

screen shot windows 7

photo uploading websites

gif upload

cheers Malc

More photos in the gallery at the website.

The Victorian Outpost is a new building created at the beginning of 2016, we can cater for almost any period and we now have the support of "Adrians Walls" and "Hovels Buildings" who have come on board.

Victorian Outpost has quickly become the number one wargaming place in Grimsby with its friendly welcome and fun place to visit, please pm myself to arrange a set time and date.

More photos on the website at http://www.victorian-steel.com/
Thanks Malc
j1mwallace
Major General
Major General

Re: Late Roman v Barbarians

Post by j1mwallace » Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:01 am

Excellent as usual Malc . Looks like some old Hinchliffe in there ?
nevermore
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by nevermore » Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:59 am

I think you are right Jim, did you not go to Partizan ? spoke to Dave and a few other Scots
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:19 am

nevermore wrote:I think you are right Jim, did you not go to Partizan ? spoke to Dave and a few other Scots
Jim wasn't there Malc I think he has only been down once?
It was good to meet up with yourself Ade and Martin. Having being going for about 20 years now I have gotten to know so many people that the show has become as much a social gathering for me as well as wargaming.
Cheers
Dave
j1mwallace
Major General
Major General

Post by j1mwallace » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:47 pm

Dave is correct . This is the first year that i have been . I'll definitely be back though . We were trying out amendments for italian Wars for To the strongest on Sunday. Seemed to work fine. 100 plus units a side . 8 players .
finished in 4 hours to a logical conclusion .
nevermore
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by nevermore » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:31 am

I must be getting old, my memory is going abit, who was the guy once at Partizan Dave when you put on a modern game, i was speaking to him for a while a couple of years back.

As for the social side, i know what you mean, its nice to meet up with people to put faces to nicknames.
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:24 am

nevermore wrote:I must be getting old, my memory is going abit, who was the guy once at Partizan Dave when you put on a modern game, i was speaking to him for a while a couple of years back.

As for the social side, i know what you mean, its nice to meet up with people to put faces to nicknames.
There are usually 3 or 4 of us come down to the show to put on a SESWC game and then the same again with Barry's games so I'm not sure which one it could be but Colin Jack likes to spend time talking to people.