1st Bn 11th Jäger Regiment ~ 1812

OK, so after two years I've finally given in to having a section of the FORUM specifically set up to discuss painting techniques, display examples, show your latest projects and chat about this vital part of the hobby. Manufacturers please feel free to post up your sculpts, ask questions about what the gamers are after and generally promote your work.. no charge! Painters, please also feel free to post up your work for comment and critique. I can't promise the unreserved adulation characteristic of some other fora but I would hope you'd get constructive and measured comment!
Greystreak
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

1st Bn 11th Jäger Regiment ~ 1812

Post by Greystreak » Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:41 pm

Dour conditions for photos yesterday, with impending darkness, rain, and poor focus on my part. However, I beg leave to present the next installment of my 7th Infantry Division project for 1812: the 1st Bn 11th Jäger Regiment. Same old figures, paints, and basing, as usual; only the yellow shoulder straps denote their status as the 'senior' Jäger Regiment of the Division. To relieve the painting "tedium demons", a few recalcitrant figure types have stuck to the older non-Kiwer shakos; some tirailleurs have refused to give up their tall plumes; and some 'refuseniks' have lost their shako and kept their shapkas (caps) firmly in place. No one can say Jägers don't have "attitude".

Ammunition pouch numbers will be added once I've sorted out how to properly make my own decals that 'scale' correctly, and are still legible. :oops:

Last edited by Greystreak on Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bryce
Sheepman
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Post by Sheepman » Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:36 pm

Very smart figures mate, the cords on the shakos and drums particularly stand out well.
Pity about the light, you will have to get some stuff to do indoor shots, it could be a long winter. :cry:
Dave.
'I always wear me wellies'.
j1mwallace
Major General
Major General

Post by j1mwallace » Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:44 pm

very nice indeed
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:07 pm

Great paint job as always!
Cheers
Dave
Rob Herrick
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by Rob Herrick » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:20 pm

Wow, quite impressive!
Greystreak
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

11th Jägers - Skirmishers/Conversions

Post by Greystreak » Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:48 pm

My first attempt at some modest 'conversion' work on these skirmisher stands for the 11th Jägers Regt., recently completed in 'close order' (above). I've head-swapped eight shako-wearing heads for the default shapkas that come with the 8-variants of Perry-sculpted Foundry 28mm figures. Thus the 'orginal' figures are shown in 'caps' below, while those wearing shakos have been disfigured by me. Although learning to 'head-swap' was an interesting 'learning exercise'--I know it's easy-peasy stuff for you veterans--I found all the cutting, hacking, breaking of drills, pinning, & learning to 'greenstuff', etc. quite challenging, and rather frustrating. It's also pretty cost-prohibitive with Foundry figures, as most of the 'donor' figures are now damaged beyond re-use, so it's not an exercise I'll be repeating any time soon. Comments, laughter, and groans welcomed, as ever, and here's hoping Alan & Michael don't see what I've done to their fine sculpts! :oops:

Last edited by Greystreak on Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bryce
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:30 pm

That's a nice clean job you have done with the head swaps, having attempted a few in the past I know how difficult and time consuming it can be which is why I decided to stick with the Foundry chaps in flat caps and added a few Front Rank figures in shakos into the mix which is a lot less stressful.
Cheers
Dave
toggy
Major General
Major General

Post by toggy » Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:38 pm

Great job Bryce,been experimenting with head swaps myself and it seems you win some & you lose some, with a lot of hair pulling to boot.

Still a fantastic looking unit.

Bob
Rob Herrick
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by Rob Herrick » Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:59 pm

Wow. You did a beautiful job with both the actual conversions and the painting!
Sheepman
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Post by Sheepman » Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:27 pm

As always really great work both with the painting and the head swaps. When did you take the photos, we haven't had sunshine like that in Northumberland for about six months :roll:
Dave.
'I always wear me wellies'.
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:41 am

lovely work Bryce, hope to see them in the flesh at a game sometime!

cheers
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
kiwipeterh
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by kiwipeterh » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:03 am

Beautiful ... as beautiful as killing machines can be anyway! ... Bryce. Just the stuff to help put that Corsican troublemaker back in his bottle! :lol:

Salute
von Peter himself
Visit the blog of von Peter himself at http://vonpeterhimself.wordpress.com/