Instant figures from a pot!

OK, so after two years I've finally given in to having a section of the FORUM specifically set up to discuss painting techniques, display examples, show your latest projects and chat about this vital part of the hobby. Manufacturers please feel free to post up your sculpts, ask questions about what the gamers are after and generally promote your work.. no charge! Painters, please also feel free to post up your work for comment and critique. I can't promise the unreserved adulation characteristic of some other fora but I would hope you'd get constructive and measured comment!
theoldschool
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Post by theoldschool » Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:00 pm

Tis the work of the devil I tell ee.
bibio
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by bibio » Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:09 pm

Either my eyes are going or the screen resoloutin is not that good but I cannot see any real differences .Perhaps a before and after picture would be a good idea .
iain
ps will you be at Claymore ,Pat.
theoldschool
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Post by theoldschool » Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:20 pm

[quote="bibio"]ps will you be at Claymore ,Pat.[/quote]

I will indeed.
Liam A of E
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Liam A of E » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:16 am

Just...cant...bring..myself...to....do...it.....

The results do look spoovy, and theres no denying its fast. But.

I think it will all be down to taste. In this high tempo, production line world that we live in, with instant messaging, instant food, instant results, hurry hurry hurry, I think we have become slaves to our own technology - "Why havent you answered my email?" "I only got it an hour ago" "So?".

I like the idea of slowing things down to a more civilised pace, after a frenetic days toil, returning dusty and blood soaked, but at least with my shield, to calm the soul and think of more gentlemanly times, when a letter replied to in two weeks was the speed of lightning.

With the splurge pots - how long before you feel you have to do several a night, with the pot haunting your dreams, as you wake, feverishly shouting "A Brigade, a Division, A Corps, No Sleep, No Sleep!"

Anyway, I dont feel to strongly about it as you can tell. Foundry system is the technological Zenith for me, plus a few inks. You splurge pots chaps do have them looking good - Just remember to stop and smell the roses....... :lol:
Vex me Not, or I will have you dragged awhile....
gonzo
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by gonzo » Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:19 am

Very interesting thread this - Mr Alpha are you using the the darkest shade that Armypainter has to offer? I am just wondering, since they look "lighter" than the other examples in this thread?

Regards,

Viktor