WIP 15mm German SS.

OK, so after two years I've finally given in to having a section of the FORUM specifically set up to discuss painting techniques, display examples, show your latest projects and chat about this vital part of the hobby. Manufacturers please feel free to post up your sculpts, ask questions about what the gamers are after and generally promote your work.. no charge! Painters, please also feel free to post up your work for comment and critique. I can't promise the unreserved adulation characteristic of some other fora but I would hope you'd get constructive and measured comment!
big-gazza
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
Location: Married with Children........in Strathaven, Scotland.

WIP 15mm German SS.

Post by big-gazza » Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:11 pm

Hi,
did these 6 figures as a tester for my 12th SS panzergrens. Should be the company HQ when they are based but I'l get to that, more anexercise in SS camo. Probably won't have as much variety when I do the rest. Mostly oak leaf with a little pea dot mixed in. Figures are 15mm for Flames of War.

Well heres the pics.

As usual all comments, good or bad, welcome.

Gazza
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:40 pm

your best WWII work to date in any scale Gary .. absolutely cracking work 8)
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
big-gazza
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by big-gazza » Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:00 pm

Hi,
thanks Barry. Went to town with the camo. Might take a while to get done but should be worth it in the end.

Gazza
Heneborn
Major
Major

Post by Heneborn » Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:06 am

Those are really good, it's amazing you can paint like that in 15mm, im having a hard time doing it in 28mm :wink:

I have a german grenadier army for FOW which i decided to paint in camo, not as elaborate as the SS but anyway, after two platoons of infantry I just wanted to kill myself. How long time did it take to do these?
big-gazza
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by big-gazza » Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:01 pm

Hi,
thanks for the comments. Took a bit longer than normal to do as I was trying to work out how to do the camo. Might cut down the variation in camo when I get to the troops.

thanks again.

Gazza