The raising of the Saxon Army 1810-1813

OK, so after two years I've finally given in to having a section of the FORUM specifically set up to discuss painting techniques, display examples, show your latest projects and chat about this vital part of the hobby. Manufacturers please feel free to post up your sculpts, ask questions about what the gamers are after and generally promote your work.. no charge! Painters, please also feel free to post up your work for comment and critique. I can't promise the unreserved adulation characteristic of some other fora but I would hope you'd get constructive and measured comment!
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Re: The raising of the Saxon Army 1810-1813

Post by Friedrich August I. » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:15 am

raif wrote:Günter, are you rich? :o
Not after all those Saxons :twisted:
„Macht Euch Euren Dregg alleene“

"Sort your filth out by yourself!" The King of Saxony Friedrich August III., at his abdication 1918, referred to the quarrels in the parliament and the squabbling within the provisional government.
raif
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post by raif » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:32 am

Friedrich August I. wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

But seriously, what do you do with this mass of figures? You can only play with a little part of this figs at once.
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Friedrich August I. » Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:40 am

raif wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

But seriously, what do you do with this mass of figures? You can only play with a little part of this figs at once.
A good question. Mostly as a collection eventually to be shown at exibitions. I am quite sure that this Army will never see a battle, not even a part of it.

At a later date the collection will go the German Army Museum in Dresden who have told me that they are very much interested in the collection.

"Sort your filth out by yourself!" The King of Saxony Friedrich August III., at his abdication 1918, referred to the quarrels in the parliament and the squabbling within the provisional government.
raif
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post by raif » Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:56 am

In vienna, there is a group of people which play 28mm napoleonic with the gdb rules (general the brigade). Perhaps you find there a chance to play woth your army? Have look at diefestung.com/forum. The is a historical tabletop section you can find the threads. Actually the guys are planing a huge game in 2015 - celebration of 200 years after the battle of waterloo!
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Friedrich August I. » Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:36 pm

raif wrote:In vienna, there is a group of people which play 28mm napoleonic with the gdb rules (general the brigade). Perhaps you find there a chance to play woth your army? Have look at diefestung.com/forum. The is a historical tabletop section you can find the threads. Actually the guys are planing a huge game in 2015 - celebration of 200 years after the battle of waterloo!
Sorry for the late reply. I believe I know the group or at least some of their members and those I know are the main reason why I dont intend to play in Austria anymore. A few Years ago I tried to convince some of them to think aboout a new Rule Set like RtE but they reacted like typical Austrians with unwillingness to make a change. They liked to stick with Newb... Napol..Rules.. (I forbidd myself to use those words) :twisted:
Thank You anyway for mention it.

raif
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post by raif » Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:49 pm

raif wrote:In vienna, there is a group of people which play 28mm napoleonic with the gdb rules (general the brigade). Perhaps you find there a chance to play woth your army? Have look at diefestung.com/forum. The is a historical tabletop section you can find the threads. Actually the guys are planing a huge game in 2015 - celebration of 200 years after the battle of waterloo!
Sorry for the late reply. I believe I know the group or at least some of their members and those I know are the main reason why I dont intend to play in Austria anymore. A few Years ago I tried to convince some of them to think aboout a new Rule Set like RtE but they reacted like typical Austrians with unwillingness to make a change. They liked to stick with Newb... Napol..Rules.. (I forbidd myself to use those words) :twisted:
Thank You anyway for mention it.
Ah. It's the wrong gang. I don't mean this group. I guess i know one guy from this group (franz is his surname). Try the forum diefestung.com/forum and go to 'historisches tabletop' and there to the general de brigade. Contact nikfu there.
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Friedrich August I. » Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:57 am

News from the sculpting Front:

Three out of Four Cuirassiers and the two charging Horses have gone for moulding this week so Steve can apply the briddles to them as soon as they are back. As soon as this has happened they go back together with the 4th Cuirassier to make the production moulds.
Next in the Line is the sculpting of the Garde du Corps which will hopefully be finished and ready for production in the 2nd week of August.

So far the news.

Back to the usual silence :twisted:

Cheers,
Günter

Greystreak
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Greystreak » Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:47 pm

How many different horse 'poses' are you having sculpted for these units, Günter? :?:
Bryce
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Friedrich August I. » Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:42 pm

Greystreak wrote:How many different horse 'poses' are you having sculpted for these units, Günter? :?:
Hi Brice,

Currently there are two types of Heavy Horses sculpted. Steve promised me
to have them sculpet about 10-15% larger than those he has done so far.

The Idea behind this goes back to horses I have got from Connoisseur Years ago and they did make a difference between "light" and "heavy" horses in terms of size.

Maybe there will be more poses in the future.

Thank you.
Cheers,

Günter

Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Friedrich August I. » Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:33 pm

News! News! News!

The Cuirassiers will go next week to my new painter, the Artmaster Studio, to give them a start. After that, on a weekly base, batch after batch of the other figures will be delivered to them. First time for me but, I'm sure, not the last time that they will paint for me.

The Miniatures will be based by Artmaster and picked up personally by me on the day after my arrival in Harwich.

Eventually I will get pictures before they leave Steve's Workshop.

Cheers,
Günter

Artimas
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Artimas » Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:31 pm

I have really enjoyed their painting videos on You Tube. I hope they do
a good job for you. Keep us posted.

Artimas
Jefferson City, Missouri USA
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Friedrich August I. » Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:09 am

First Cuirassier Regiment has gone to Artmaster while the next follows in a few days. Now it is their turn to paint Masterpieces of Art :D
I have an agreement to pay them an extra Fee for finishing all three Units until October and to pick them up myself the day after arriving in Harwich.

Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Friedrich August I. » Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:00 pm

WIP Artillery Train and Limbers:

Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Friedrich August I. » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:27 am

Gents,

As I am putting the finishing touches on the Limbers of the Artillery Train I believe it may be a good time to tell you what can be seen in Derby for the First Time:

The Napoleonic Saxon Army in numbers:

26 Battalions 36 figures each plus 96 Skirmisher approx. 1000 Miniatures

8 Regiments of Cavalry with together 272 Miniatures

24 Batteries of Artillery with 70 Gun Models and 258 Miniatures

54 Limbers and 18 Caissons

Representing:

2 Infantry Divisions, 2 Brigades each

1 Cavalry Division of 3 Brigades

2 "Mobile" Artillery Brigades

2 "Reserve" Artillery Brigades

8 Regimental Batteries

Almost all of them are packed up and ready to invade England!

Thank You all for following this thread over this very long period of time.

Cheers,
Günter

ColinN
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by ColinN » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:39 am

Looking forward to seeing them in the flesh!

Colin
"Colin Kills Kings, Colonels and Commoners... an equal opportunities employer"

http://khakidrab.blogspot.co.uk/