Raven Banner Bearer

OK, so after two years I've finally given in to having a section of the FORUM specifically set up to discuss painting techniques, display examples, show your latest projects and chat about this vital part of the hobby. Manufacturers please feel free to post up your sculpts, ask questions about what the gamers are after and generally promote your work.. no charge! Painters, please also feel free to post up your work for comment and critique. I can't promise the unreserved adulation characteristic of some other fora but I would hope you'd get constructive and measured comment!
Darkman
Major
Major

Raven Banner Bearer

Post by Darkman » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:38 pm

Whilst painting various projects I have had some vikings on the go. You know that time when you squirt to much paint from the tube and you still have some left when finished. Well I have some sticks with vikings on at the back of the table on to which a dab a bit here and there. After a while it only needs a little bit of touching up and I haveanother dozen vikings to add to the rest to in a box.

Any way this is my first attempt at an army standard bearer for the army.

The figure is a big one measuring 34mm from foot to top of helmet. Make even the foundry vikings I have for the rest of the army look small. However he stands on his own so it works for me.

yar68
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Re: Raven Banner Bearer

Post by yar68 » Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:26 pm

Very nice, love the banner!!
Ray

Yay...I say yay..............Yay!

http://onelover-ray.blogspot.com/
CoffinDodger
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Re: Raven Banner Bearer

Post by CoffinDodger » Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:31 pm

Darkman,

That's impressive. A banner should stand out and, as far as the wee fellow not being quite the same scale, just look at any group photo and you will be lucky to find two or three people of the same size, let alone all of them.

Jim
“I can assure you, Gentlefolk, they look better from a distance."
Jim O'Neill.