Terrain for demo game at Wargamer show in December

OK, so after two years I've finally given in to having a section of the FORUM specifically set up to discuss painting techniques, display examples, show your latest projects and chat about this vital part of the hobby. Manufacturers please feel free to post up your sculpts, ask questions about what the gamers are after and generally promote your work.. no charge! Painters, please also feel free to post up your work for comment and critique. I can't promise the unreserved adulation characteristic of some other fora but I would hope you'd get constructive and measured comment!
Gary
Private First Class
Private First Class

Terrain for demo game at Wargamer show in December

Post by Gary » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:55 pm

Yes, an 8 x 6 feet terrain layout for a Thirty Years War game using my 28mm figures, plus any I can borrow or steal to boost overall numbers. I have it in mind to paint up a couple of extra command stands for that eventuality, so all those uber-dull ECW figures can fight as Imperialists/ Protties.

The Wargamer show is at Great Barr in Birmingham (that's England, not Alabama) on December 11th.

Do pop along and say "Hello" - I had better get the project finished now!

I have never built terrain before, and I have to say I am thoroughly enthused by the whole thing. Very therapeutic, even if materials costs are stretching a bit.........

It is a good job I have a lovely wife. (There, I said it, and she will not even be reading this!!!!!)

Gary
tonyd
Private
Private

Re: Terrain for demo game at Wargamer show in December

Post by tonyd » Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:14 pm

I'll say hello to you Gary as I'm there as well with my "Sharpe's Sorrow" peninsular skirmish game. See you on Sunday

Tony Dillon
Brum

Gary
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Gary » Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:19 am

Tony,

Looking forward to it.
Just a week to go.
Just as long as I can get the Swedish Yellow Regt finished and the Imperialist Aldringen one.....all will be fine!

See you there,

Gary
Gary
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Gary » Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:17 pm

Hi all,

A good day in all and my little outfit went away with best demo game!!!

Tony - great to meet you and put a face to the name.

Men of the match - the Swedish Yellow regiment I finished yesterday, just in time for the show.

Gary :D
tonyd
Private
Private

Post by tonyd » Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:59 pm

A well deserved win by your good self Gary.
My Peninsular game came to an abrupt end the move after Sharpe and Harper (with 10 other riflemen) burst into a house and found Obidiah Hakesill alone. He was promptly shot , but as the riflemen left the building a load of Frenchmen jumped and they got clobbered. Pity really as I was doing quite well as Sweet William on the other side of the village. Never mind, c'est la guerre.