Danish Brigade 1690

OK, so after two years I've finally given in to having a section of the FORUM specifically set up to discuss painting techniques, display examples, show your latest projects and chat about this vital part of the hobby. Manufacturers please feel free to post up your sculpts, ask questions about what the gamers are after and generally promote your work.. no charge! Painters, please also feel free to post up your work for comment and critique. I can't promise the unreserved adulation characteristic of some other fora but I would hope you'd get constructive and measured comment!
quindia
General
General

Danish Brigade 1690

Post by quindia » Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:06 pm

It's been a while since I've bothered to set up shots on terrain. I have some other projects that required me to do so and I took the opportunity to slip in a shot of my Danish Brigade in action!

I plan to add a unit of combined grenadiers painted in the colors of these battalions as well.

If you missed them (for shame), you can see all of these units up close on the 1690 page of my blog and keep track of my ongoing Boyne project as well.
toggy
Major General
Major General

Re: Danish Brigade 1690

Post by toggy » Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:14 pm

Clarence that is so good,worth getting the terrain out for that shot alone.

Bob
We are not retreating - we are advancing in another direction. Macarthur, Douglas
Churchill
General
General

Post by Churchill » Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:12 pm

Hi Clarence,

That's a nice photo of your fantastic Danish regiments, always good to see them as a brigade with their different facings and flags.This is what makes the period so interesting and colourful.
The terrain features add that big plus, not only to a photo, but in a game too.
This photo should be in yours and Barry's first supplement book on the Jacobite War in Ireland.
It also makes for a good advert for Warfare Miniatures...very nice indeed. :D
I look forward to your next instalment of figures for the Boyne.

Cheers,

Ray.
DJoker

Post by DJoker » Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:50 am

Wow...beautiful work. great looking painting, a great looking photo as well.

-Scott
Mats
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Mats » Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:33 pm

Beautiful figures and flags. I bow to you, Sir.