French Revolutionary Austrian Hussars

OK, so after two years I've finally given in to having a section of the FORUM specifically set up to discuss painting techniques, display examples, show your latest projects and chat about this vital part of the hobby. Manufacturers please feel free to post up your sculpts, ask questions about what the gamers are after and generally promote your work.. no charge! Painters, please also feel free to post up your work for comment and critique. I can't promise the unreserved adulation characteristic of some other fora but I would hope you'd get constructive and measured comment!
Sheepman
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

French Revolutionary Austrian Hussars

Post by Sheepman » Sun May 13, 2012 8:55 pm

Twenty four 30mm Austrian Hussars No 1 Kaiser Franz (by Elite). Cracking figures full of movement, they will be strong opposition for the French cavalry I have.

More on my blog: http://thenorthumbrianwargamer.blogspot.co.uk/
Eureka Austrian Dragoons to come, it'll be interesting to see how they compare.
Dave.
'I always wear me wellies'.
parkinspieces
Major
Major

Re: French Revolutionary Austrian Hussars

Post by parkinspieces » Sun May 13, 2012 9:39 pm

Very impressive :D I must get round to ordering some myself as I'm in the middle of revamping my own 1788-98 Austrian's, which are in the main Trent Mininatures.

The problem has been getting hold of Austrian cavalry, with the exception of Eureka Chevauxlegers, as Duncan's Trent Minis Dragoons, in pre 1798 uniform, but are mounted on 1798 pattern horse furniture (ok for a unit in transition for 1799/1800 campaigns) and no command for them either. But you mention Eureka Dragoons, have they relaesed some recently? I hope they or Elite get round to doing the rest of the Austrian cav types, at present I'm making up the shortfall with Allied/Emigre cav units.

Keep up the great work and posts!!

Cheers

Stuart
Sheepman
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Post by Sheepman » Sun May 13, 2012 9:55 pm

Sorry Stuart my laziness, I should have said Eureka Chevauxlegers, just couldn't be bothered to write Chevauxlegers!!!!
Dave
Duke of Plaza-Toro
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Duke of Plaza-Toro » Tue May 15, 2012 3:10 am

Stuart / Dave

Eureka have Austrian Dragoons to go with their Chevauxlegers. Not officially released yet, but if you contact Nic (nicr@eurekamin.com.au) I am sure he will supply you with information and sell you some pre-release. Tell him I sent you...

I can't help directly as I only work for Eureka as an occasional consultant and research assistant these days.

DPT (John)
In enterprise of martial kind, When there was any fighting, He led his regiment from behind -
He found it less exciting.

http://worldcrisisinminiature.wordpress.com/
Sheepman
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Post by Sheepman » Tue May 15, 2012 6:11 am

More money, more figures. What's a bloke to do. BUY THEM, BUY THEM.....
:wink:
Dave
18th Century Guy
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by 18th Century Guy » Thu May 17, 2012 1:42 am

I've painted up a small 12 figure unit of Eureka Austrian Chevaux-legers and they look fantastic. Very different in style from Elite and I think you'll like them.
Greg
Sheepman
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Post by Sheepman » Fri May 18, 2012 4:53 am

Yes, bookmarked the pictures of these a while ago to use as part of a reference guide when I paint mine. A very nice paint job mate :D
Dave.