First try at 20mm FJ

OK, so after two years I've finally given in to having a section of the FORUM specifically set up to discuss painting techniques, display examples, show your latest projects and chat about this vital part of the hobby. Manufacturers please feel free to post up your sculpts, ask questions about what the gamers are after and generally promote your work.. no charge! Painters, please also feel free to post up your work for comment and critique. I can't promise the unreserved adulation characteristic of some other fora but I would hope you'd get constructive and measured comment!
big-gazza
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
Location: Married with Children........in Strathaven, Scotland.

First try at 20mm FJ

Post by big-gazza » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:07 pm

Hi,
after a bit of an enforced break I'm back painting again.

Painting some 20mm FJ for a commission. I've painted plenty of FJ over the years but never in 20mm.

Have a look at my blog and let me know what you think.

Wargames and Painting Blog

So, let me know what you think.

All comments, good or bad, welcome.

Thanks

Gazza
Duke of Plaza-Toro
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: First try at 20mm FJ

Post by Duke of Plaza-Toro » Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:53 am

20mm WWII is one of my 'things' and these look great - although I might add that the final effect is best viewed at a realistic perspective for 20mm figures - like the multiple figure shots on your blog, rather than this blow up of an individual.

Photographing smaller 15mm / 20mm figures close up and greatly enlarged is good for demonstrating the painting technique used (which often has to be bold to get the best out of them), but it's not always flattering as far as the final effect is concerned. No one is ever going to look at these figures this close up, unless they stick their chin on the table top and put a magnifier in front of their eye!

Not criticising your painting Gazza (I hasten to add :) ) - I'd gladly have these in my collection!

DPT
In enterprise of martial kind, When there was any fighting, He led his regiment from behind -
He found it less exciting.

http://worldcrisisinminiature.wordpress.com/