Eureka 28mm Hungarian figures

OK, so after two years I've finally given in to having a section of the FORUM specifically set up to discuss painting techniques, display examples, show your latest projects and chat about this vital part of the hobby. Manufacturers please feel free to post up your sculpts, ask questions about what the gamers are after and generally promote your work.. no charge! Painters, please also feel free to post up your work for comment and critique. I can't promise the unreserved adulation characteristic of some other fora but I would hope you'd get constructive and measured comment!
18th Century Guy
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Eureka 28mm Hungarian figures

Post by 18th Century Guy » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:36 am

I've painted up some more Eureka figures and they are a lot of fun to paint. These are from their 'Wars of the French Revolution' line and I highly recommend them. I already have one 'German' regiment and I really wanted to see how their Hungarian figures would turn out. I have only two complaints -

1. The thigh knots do not stand out very well as compared to other manufacturers.
2. The buttons stand out too much! They look like pencil points on the figures which makes them hard to paint to look like a button.

But both of those are very small issues and the figures are well worth picking up.

http://18th-century-studios.blogspot.com/

As always, thanks for stopping by and all comments are welcome.
Greg
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Re: Eureka 28mm Hungarian figures

Post by Friedrich August I. » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:59 am

Greg,

besides of the two 'small issues' you have mentioned the figures looks well sculpted and very well painted. Good Job!

Cheers,
Günter
„Macht Euch Euren Dregg alleene“

"Sort your filth out by yourself!" The King of Saxony Friedrich August III., at his abdication 1918, referred to the quarrels in the parliament and the squabbling within the provisional government.
Duke of Plaza-Toro
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Eureka 28mm Hungarian figures

Post by Duke of Plaza-Toro » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:02 am

Those are indeed excellent!

DPT
In enterprise of martial kind, When there was any fighting, He led his regiment from behind -
He found it less exciting.

http://worldcrisisinminiature.wordpress.com/