The raising of the Royal Saxon Army 1869 - 1871

OK, so after two years I've finally given in to having a section of the FORUM specifically set up to discuss painting techniques, display examples, show your latest projects and chat about this vital part of the hobby. Manufacturers please feel free to post up your sculpts, ask questions about what the gamers are after and generally promote your work.. no charge! Painters, please also feel free to post up your work for comment and critique. I can't promise the unreserved adulation characteristic of some other fora but I would hope you'd get constructive and measured comment!
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Re: The raising of the Royal Saxon Army 1869 - 1871

Post by Friedrich August I. » Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:56 pm

Dear Friends and Follower of this Thread,

With the date for the release of the range getting closer I herewith like to show how those figures will look like. Figures have been painted by Artmaster.

Just keep in mind that the Heads are changeable for a plenty more variations of them.

The realease is planned to start with the end of January.

Thank you for following.
All comments are welcome.

Günter
Last edited by Friedrich August I. on Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
„Macht Euch Euren Dregg alleene“

"Sort your filth out by yourself!" The King of Saxony Friedrich August III., at his abdication 1918, referred to the quarrels in the parliament and the squabbling within the provisional government.
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:49 pm

These look very nice Gunter although it's a pity you didn't go for the 1866 war uniform. :wink:
Cheers
Dave
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Friedrich August I. » Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:11 pm

obriendavid wrote:These look very nice Gunter although it's a pity you didn't go for the 1866 war uniform. :wink:
Cheers
Dave
My dear Dave,

I am quite sure that you are joking :D and you are well aware that the CUT of the Uniforms stayed the same 1866 to 1870. But if enough requests are noted than we can make a Head Variant that suits the needs for 1866 too.

Best regards,

Günter

"Sort your filth out by yourself!" The King of Saxony Friedrich August III., at his abdication 1918, referred to the quarrels in the parliament and the squabbling within the provisional government.
Ben Waterhouse
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by Ben Waterhouse » Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:45 pm

1866 is my wish too.
Arma Pacis Fulcra

God, War, Drink.
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Friedrich August I. » Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:47 pm

Dear Friends,

Today I have sent my first Order to Steve for the New Range of Franco-Prussian War Troops. It contains about 150 Miniatures for a three Battalion Regiment. They are go to Artmaster for painting because I believe they have a very good painting style to offer.
This First Order represents roughly 1/12th of the future Army Corps.

Next thing on the Sculpting Table of Steve Barber will be the FPW Saxon Grenadiers and additional Miniatures for the already existing range to provide more types of Figures.

Cheers,

Günter

Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Friedrich August I. » Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:00 am

Dear Friends,

The Franco Prussian War-Miniature Range is now available from Steve Barber Models. Currently only Saxons are available but Prussians are to follow soon.

http://www.stevebarbermodels.com/55-28m ... 12th-corps

All comments and enquiries are welcome.

Cheers,

Günter
Last edited by Friedrich August I. on Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Artimas
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Artimas » Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:44 pm

These are very well done!
Jefferson City, Missouri USA
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:06 pm

I especially like the Jaegers plus the lying down figures would make useful markers for games.
Cheers
Dave
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Friedrich August I. » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:07 am

Dear Friends,

Here are a few new pictures of recently finished Miniatures of the new Franco-Prussian War Range Saxons, Figures painted by Artmaster Studios:

Sculpting works on 17 Miniatures of Grenadiers has been finished and will be moulded soon.

Cheers,

Günter
Last edited by Friedrich August I. on Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Friedrich August I. » Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:39 am

News from the FPW-Front:

First of All the Grenadiers have been sculpted and samples have been painted by Artmaster. Miniatures will be placed on Steves Website as soon as he has figured out how to make his Website "mobile friendly" THANK YOU GOOGLE!!!

Second, Rick the Flagdude has agreed on doing the future Saxon Flags for the Franco Prussian Range, eventually also those for the other German Countries too. I have a large book about ALL German flags from the 19th Century until the end of WWI. So much of info including pictures and extensive info.

More of it as soon as I get results.

Cheers,
Günter

Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Friedrich August I. » Mon May 18, 2015 4:25 am

First Glimps on the Saxon Grenadiers:

A small details was missed by Artmaster - the Collars of the Grenadiers have two parallel stripes not only one. I believe they will change that soon.

Cheers,

Günter
Last edited by Friedrich August I. on Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

janner
Colonel
Colonel

Post by janner » Mon May 18, 2015 6:07 am

The look most splendid :D
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Friedrich August I. » Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:29 am

Here are the first pictures of the WIP on 3 Battalions of Saxon Infantry.

They represent roughly a Third of what to be done. Two Jaeger Battalions are now with them too.

Here is also an image of how those Flags from Flagdude will look like.

There is a lot to be done.
The Gun-Sculpting Process has now been finished and the mould will be done next week so *fingers crossed* that all goes well.

Gun crews are planned to be of 3 x 4 Gunners in different poses. Something like standing firing, loading and pushing forward like on the picture below.

Cheers,

Günter
Last edited by Friedrich August I. on Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Friedrich August I. » Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:24 am

Dear Friends,

A few days ago a package of 24 flags reached the Austrian Shore. The able hands of Rick O'Brien, better known as the Flagdude, has finally finished the Saxon Flags of the Franco Prussian War.

I believe he did a superb work 8) :D .

Cheers,
Günter
Last edited by Friedrich August I. on Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Friedrich August I. » Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:32 am

Dear Friends,

Two final pictures have been received from Artmaster telling me that the first Infantry Regiment has been finished.

This ends the painting order with Artmaster.
All painted and not painted Figures will go to me to Austria.

Cheers,
Günter
Last edited by Friedrich August I. on Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:47 am, edited 1 time in total.