Dutch "Garde te Voet" late 17th C painted

OK, so after two years I've finally given in to having a section of the FORUM specifically set up to discuss painting techniques, display examples, show your latest projects and chat about this vital part of the hobby. Manufacturers please feel free to post up your sculpts, ask questions about what the gamers are after and generally promote your work.. no charge! Painters, please also feel free to post up your work for comment and critique. I can't promise the unreserved adulation characteristic of some other fora but I would hope you'd get constructive and measured comment!
Geudens
Corporal
Corporal

Dutch "Garde te Voet" late 17th C painted

Post by Geudens » Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:21 pm

Dixon figures, comments are appreciated:

EvilGinger
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Re: Dutch "Garde te Voet" late 17th C painted

Post by EvilGinger » Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:25 pm

Very nice indeed, I am very fond of Dixon miniatures myself so I am wondering which ranges or the several at or about this period he does. i find his League of Augsburg range fit very well in the same unit with warfare ones for size and build and add a bit more variety of pose though the way warfare miniatures are going that's getting less of an issue My Local FLGS also stocks both ranges all I need is to get more of both & pay some one to do my work whilst I paint them.

:evil: Ginger
conflans
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by conflans » Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:02 am

Well done. Prior to the inception of Warfare Miniatures, I was a big fan of Dixon and still won't say anything bad about them. With the caveat that I am one of those fanatics about uniform height for figures and this is simply personal preference as I have seen terrific units with varying manufacturers and figure sizes, I would say that the Dixon "LOA" code figures fit a little better with Warfare so, if you absolutely must purchase from someone else and then just enough for variety, I would go with those first.

Evil Ginger, the 28 mm Marlburian line is essentially the LOA coded range with tricorns. They have a couple of added figures and may have changed the bayonets a little.

I hope this helps.
Geudens
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Geudens » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:51 am

Thank you for the nice comments, guys! :D
jezamonos
Captain
Captain

Post by jezamonos » Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:07 pm

They are Lekker! Splendid stuff. I also like the buildings, who are they made by?
Owner - Default Models
http://defaultmodels.blogspot.com/
Artimas
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Artimas » Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:20 pm

I hope I can paint half that well when I grow up.

Really, they are beautiful.

Artimas
Jefferson City, Missouri USA
Geudens
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Geudens » Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:29 am

jezamonos wrote:They are Lekker! Splendid stuff. I also like the buildings, who are they made by?
If I only knew... They are 2/3rd of a HO Railway station plastic kit I picked up at a flea market for a couple of Euros a few years ago. It went into the "to do" container together with an identical one I picked up - again at a flea market - the year after. I usually don't buy HO stuff (not the right scale), but with railway stations the doors tend to be rather large and big enough for 28mm. This particular model has a central building with two identical wings (easily separated, and a bit of fidling with the roofs result in 3 "18'th C buildings/barracks"). The only other thing I did to them (apart from painting) is adding stucco. I've googled already on several occasions (same question asked... :) ) but couldn't find the manufacturer. Anyway, there are some similar kits around if you wish to go that way.