Cavalry Charge

Any questions relating to Beneath the Lily Banners rule system.
CoffinDodger
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by CoffinDodger » Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:59 pm

Gentlemen,

I shall re-phrase my question: how do we calculate the average figures per squadron? The example works out the average to be FIVE, whereas I get SIX. I'm afraid I may not have been too clear in the original question.

Thanks for your patience,

Jim
“I can assure you, Gentlefolk, they look better from a distance."
Jim O'Neill.
flick40
Major General
Major General

Post by flick40 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:13 pm

I would round up, but the point is moot if guard class.

Once a unit has passed its test to charge a 6 can no longer auto stop them in the next test. (baring casulaties to the unit) The second test is for receiving shooting casualites and merely a morale test and not a test to charge as they are in the action of charging.

So with a guard unit with 5 or 6 figures cannot fail to charge home, ie fail their morale test. 6 figures testing as guard roll a 6 minus 1 = 5 pass, 5 figures testing as guard roll a 6 minus 1 = 5 pass. A guard unit would have to have lost 2 figures before it has a chance to fail.

As I understand it, I am still wrapping my head around these rules as well. :)
Captain of Dragoons
Major General
Major General

Post by Captain of Dragoons » Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:43 pm

I believe Barry picked 6 figures for looks :wink: . If we went with numbers normal sqns would have 3 to 4 figures in them. Can you imagine a two sqn British regiment of 4 to 5 figures charging across the table top at a 18 man infantry battalion, doesn't look right. Reminds me of the rules for the Age of Reason with sqns being 2 figures charging a 12 man infantry regiment :oops: .

cheers
Edward
Captain of Dragoons