New to the group

Any questions relating to Beneath the Lily Banners rule system.
viccina

New to the group

Post by viccina » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:11 pm

Hi,

I just wanted to say, "Thank you" for allowing me to join. My name is Victor and I live in the Portland, Oregon area. Is there anyone in the area who already has the rules and armies? I have purchased BLB and I'm looking forward to building up my WSS armies to play.

Victor
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Re: New to the group

Post by obriendavid » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:48 pm

Welcome to the group Victor, I'm sure you will find us a friendly and informative group so feel free to ask any questions but I can't help you with your first one. Clarence one of the rules writers and now the USA Warfare Miniatures supplier is from Virginia but was just over in Scotland gaming with us at the weekend and is currently touring the battlefields of Ireland with Barry and Bob also rules writers and from this group.

Dave
quindia
General
General

Post by quindia » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:19 am

Hi, Victor, welcome to the forum!

I'm not aware of any gamers near you, but there are plenty of members in the US. Maybe someone else will chime in. I can certainly help you with any models you need. If you have any questions about collecting, painting, units, battles, etc, there are lots of folks here willing to help out.

Always good to have new members, especially from my side of the pond!
viccina

Post by viccina » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:59 am

Thank you. Will anyone be at Historicon this year? I am going and would love to meet up and play a game or two if possible.
quindia
General
General

Post by quindia » Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:06 am

Barry and I won't be there this year. As Dave mentioned, I'm winding down a trip to Scotland and Ireland just now (the Boyne is our destination today)! There's been talk of going to Historicon next year, but nothing has been set as that is still something like 14 months away.
Dfogleman2
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by Dfogleman2 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:27 pm

Barry and Clarence,

By all means come to Historicon in 2018! It will be in Lancaster, PA, it's old home. The opponents of Fredericksburg have, at least by implication, assured us that thousands of "Eastern" wargamers who supposedly would not travel all the way to the "South" (after all, Fredericksburg is 40 miles south of Washington), will be flocking back to Historicon.

Seriously, I hope you can make it.

D