Some questions from today’s game.

Any questions relating to Beneath the Lily Banners rule system.
Blackcat66

Some questions from today’s game.

Post by Blackcat66 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:09 pm

Hi all,

Had a question arising from today’s game. If there’s 3 squadrons of cavalry brigaded together. Each unit is in line,but following one another closely and then want to expand the whole brigade into a line prior to charge. Do the rear two squadrons have to make numerous 90degree turns to line up with the leading one whilst that’s stationary? Or can you issue a form order for each and do it considererably quicker?

When attaching a brigadier to a unit, do you just declare this and move him or is there a process Ive missed somewhere?.

And finally....

A unit of cavalry was routed in front of its brigadier, this went back rapidly leaving the said brigadier exposed. I know that there’s a risk to leaders during fire and close combat when attached but can the brig be charged/targeted separately?.

Many thanks,Mike.
flick40
Major General
Major General

Re: Some questions from today’s game.

Post by flick40 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:09 pm

Not sure of the situation/ intention so bear with me. Just give them a form order, but they have to be in base to base contact behind one another first. Otherwise, yes, you have to go through the minutiae of wheeling. I.e. Separated they are individual sqdns, combined they in essence one. Also once in line they don't charge together as one, they are three separate sqdns next to each other operating independently. Charging together is the All or Nothing and they have to be behind each other in base to base contact. There is nothing "quick" about this period and the rules force you to think ahead because of it.

Brigadiers attach and detach in the All Other Movement phase.

Brigadiers will simply evade if charged and cannot be targeted in shooting if alone. You really don't charge a brigadier but if you manage to isolate one they are captured.

My answers come from my understanding of the rules and are not the end all be all. You are free to make a call at your table as you see fit. I would just say keep in mind the spirit of the rules and period in play.
Last edited by flick40 on Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blackcat66

Re: Some questions from today’s game.

Post by Blackcat66 » Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:51 pm

Hi,

Thanks for clearing this up,much appreciated!.

Mike.