16th January 2011 REPUBLIC TO EMPIRE 1 DAY GAME

Questions, chat, feedback and developments relating to REPUBLIC TO EMPIRE... Wargaming the wars of Napoleon Bonaparte.
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:08 pm

BP wrote:Agree, some great shots of the game.

Although surely it should be the Retreat and Rout of the Guards? :)

Bill.
Well Bill, you've only just met Barry and already noticing his Francophile biase to his postings :lol:
Remind me again, how many battalions of the French Guard did you destroy or force to retreat? :wink:
Cheers
Dave
CoffinDodger
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by CoffinDodger » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:29 am

obriendavid wrote: ...and already noticing his Francophile biase to his postings :lol:
He's actually a convicted Francophile and despite being released early for good behaviour, has still had to sign the register .

Jim
“I can assure you, Gentlefolk, they look better from a distance."
Jim O'Neill.
BP
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by BP » Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:02 pm

obriendavid wrote: Well Bill, you've only just met Barry and already noticing his Francophile biase to his postings :lol:
Remind me again, how many battalions of the French Guard did you destroy or force to retreat? :wink:
Cheers
Dave
Duly noted :)

I believe the count was one retreating never to return, the other destroyed by the combined flank charge of the Royals and Enniskillings(the fact they were then destroyed by the lancers is neither here nor there ;) )

Bill
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:16 pm

Mon dieu!

that's right out of order that is :wink:
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:32 am

BP wrote:[ I believe the count was one retreating never to return, the other destroyed by the combined flank charge of the Royals and Enniskillings Bill
When you add those to the two Middle Guard battalions I routed and forced to retire that's a lot of French guard going backwards and not a mention in Barry's report. :lol:
Cheers
Dave
valleyboy
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Post by valleyboy » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:25 am

obriendavid wrote:When you add those to the two Middle Guard battalions I routed and forced to retire that's a lot of French guard going backwards and not a mention in Barry's report. :lol:
Cheers
Dave

Why would he? In the words of Tom Jones (well known Napoleonic Karioke singer and part time trapeze artist) .. "Snot unusual"

Aren't the French always going backwards :lol: