R2E 1 DAY GAME 15th May 2011 @ MUTINEER MINIS, WHITBURN

Questions, chat, feedback and developments relating to REPUBLIC TO EMPIRE... Wargaming the wars of Napoleon Bonaparte.
Rob Herrick
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by Rob Herrick » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:55 am

kiwipeterh wrote:
Rob Herrick wrote:See, you need an America event!

Clarence was talking about an American RtE Weekender around Christmas. Any chance of fruition?
It would require fine timing as it will need to be squeezed in around the New Zealand event!! :shock:

:roll:

:lol:

Salute
von Peter himself
Barry and Clarence can sleep on the plane.
With Gen'l Custer Down in Mexico: Yes, one of the goals is to see how many times one can get him killed.
kiwipeterh
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by kiwipeterh » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:22 am

Fair enough. Good thinking.

:lol:

Salute
von Peter himself
Visit the blog of von Peter himself at http://vonpeterhimself.wordpress.com/
CoffinDodger
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by CoffinDodger » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:53 am

barr7430 wrote: ...10 confirmed now chaps!
Gentlefolk,

It looks as if we have a considerable game on our hands so, I am seeking some advice from your good selves as I have never been up against an Austrian army before:

1. If, at the start of the battle, the Austrian Commander sets up all his troops facing the enemy, could it be considered as time wasting?

2. When targeting Austrian units in the shooty-bang-bang phase, are they classed as "dense" no matter what their formation?

FLAME ON! :P

Jim
“I can assure you, Gentlefolk, they look better from a distance."
Jim O'Neill.
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:16 pm

Jim, the good/bad news is that you will be the Austrians unless you wish to jump ship and join the good guys in green? :lol:
Cheers
Dave
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:32 pm

CoffinDodger wrote:
barr7430 wrote: ...10 confirmed now chaps!
Gentlefolk,

It looks as if we have a considerable game on our hands so, I am seeking some advice from your good selves as I have never been up against an Austrian army before:

1. If, at the start of the battle, the Austrian Commander sets up all his troops facing the enemy, could it be considered as time wasting?

2. When targeting Austrian units in the shooty-bang-bang phase, are they classed as "dense" no matter what their formation?

FLAME ON! :P

Jim
Oh, Boy :shock:
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:34 pm

obriendavid wrote:Jim, the good/bad news is that you will be the Austrians unless you wish to jump ship and join the good guys in green? :lol:
Cheers
Dave
What good guys in green you are talking about? Saxon Light Infantry? :wink:
Or Austrian Chevaux Leger? :D
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:58 pm

MarechalNey wrote:
obriendavid wrote:Jim, the good/bad news is that you will be the Austrians unless you wish to jump ship and join the good guys in green? :lol:
Cheers
Dave
What good guys in green you are talking about? Saxon Light Infantry? :wink:
Or Austrian Chevaux Leger? :D
Well their also good guys! at least they're not wearing froggy blue. :wink:
Cheers
Dave
Last edited by obriendavid on Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CoffinDodger
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by CoffinDodger » Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:04 pm

obriendavid wrote: Jim, the good/bad news is that you will be the Austrians unless you wish to jump ship and join the good guys in green? :lol:
Cheers
Dave
Dave,

I believe my little men in white will be the Saxon contingent and (hopefully) fighting for the French on the side of righteousness... otherwise it's going to get bloody messy considering they'll all be carrying French flags.

BTW: The contingent will now stand at a full brigade consisting of 4 x 36-figure battalions of line, 24 x 2-figure skirmish stands, a battery of heavy 8pdrs and assorted hangers-on; I've been painting away like a linty. The battalions can of course be broken down into smaller units since they are all six figures to a base giving 24 x 6-figure bases to play with. Look forward to seeing you there, Dave.

EDIT: As senility approaches with the speed of a Madonna changing husbands, I've just realised that the Austrians and Saxons are on the same side in this one so, to all my Austrian friends, I was only joking... honest... :oops: :oops: :oops:

Jim
Last edited by CoffinDodger on Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:34 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Jim O'Neill.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:14 pm

Dave,

If you have a soldier in froggy blue at Gorodechna tell him he has taken the wrong turn at Smolensk and send him immediately north to Moskow :twisted:
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:18 pm

CoffinDodger wrote: BTW: The contingent will now stand at a full brigade consisting of 4 x 36-figure battalions of line, 24 x 2-figure skirmish stands, a battery of heavy 8pdrs and assorted hangers-on; I've been painting away like a linty....
Jim
Hm... so thats the reason why you have used the large brush.... :twisted:
CoffinDodger
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by CoffinDodger » Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:28 pm

MarechalNey wrote: ...Hm... so thats the reason why you have used the large brush.... :twisted:
:lol: I deserved that one!

Jim
Jim O'Neill.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:43 pm

CoffinDodger wrote:EDIT: As senility approaches with the speed of a Madonna changing husbands, I've just realised that the Austrians and Saxons are on the same side in this one so, to all mu Auatrian friends, I was only joking... honest...

Jim, old Friend!

No worries, that happens quiet a fiew times :wink:

Austrians and Saxons have a long history with each other:
TYW Saxony at first against Austria, at the End on the side of Austria
SYW Saxony , overrun by Prussians a short period against Austria, a few months later, after mass desertion, joining Austria and France in the Fight against Prussia.
RtE :D Saxony with Austria against France, than with France against Austria then with Austria against Russia, then against again and finaly with them to "liberate" Europe :roll:

And so on untill WWI

Dont worry, be Saxon :lol:
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:06 pm

CoffinDodger wrote: I've been painting away like a linty.
A what????
Is this weegie slang for something that us cultured east coasters can't understand? :lol:
I'm looking forward to seeing all your latest additions to your force Jim, I was very impressed with them at Borodino, especially after the batteries from the Raevski redoubt finished with them. :lol:
Cheers
Dave
Gerryjd
Captain
Captain

Post by Gerryjd » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:59 pm

obriendavid wrote:
CoffinDodger wrote: I've been painting away like a linty.
A what????
Is this weegie slang for something that us cultured east coasters can't understand? :lol:
I'm looking forward to seeing all your latest additions to your force Jim, I was very impressed with them at Borodino, especially after the batteries from the Raevski redoubt finished with them. :lol:
Cheers
Dave
Oh That's a bit harsh Dave! Remember, Jim's in Motherwell!!! Even us Weegie's are more cultured than that!!!!! :wink:
CoffinDodger
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by CoffinDodger » Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:34 am

Gerryjd wrote: ...Jim's in Motherwell!!! Even us Weegie's are more cultured than that!!!!! :wink:
Gerryjd,

Nothing wrong with Motherwell. It has a great history. Why, only last year the Taliban detonated a 20-megaton nuclear device in the town centre. Damage was estimated at four pounds and fifty-two pence.

BREAKING WATERS... erm... I mean... BREAKING NEWS... BREAKING NEWS...

I've just became a grandfather AGAIN at 2.17 A.M. GMT. Wee girl, 7lbs 1oz and called Summer!

Just like buses... You wait for ages and then two come along at once! And before anyone says, "Awww isn't she gorgeous" all newborn babies look like miniature Japanese Generals.

Jim
Last edited by CoffinDodger on Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jim O'Neill.