Change of scale

Questions, chat, feedback and developments relating to REPUBLIC TO EMPIRE... Wargaming the wars of Napoleon Bonaparte.
Chad
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Change of scale

Post by Chad » Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:42 pm

I currently have figures based for another set of rules which by changing the figure ratio to 40:1 would be usable with R2E.

While this would need adjustment of the ground scale, I am not certain if I would need to change the Combat Group. With a combat group of 4 figures being equal to 80 men, would it be necessary for the Combat Group to be 2 models to fit the rule mechanics?

Advice please

Chad
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Re: Change of scale

Post by Friedrich August I. » Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:40 pm

Chad wrote:I currently have figures based for another set of rules which by changing the figure ratio to 40:1 would be usable with R2E.

While this would need adjustment of the ground scale, I am not certain if I would need to change the Combat Group. With a combat group of 4 figures being equal to 80 men, would it be necessary for the Combat Group to be 2 models to fit the rule mechanics?

Advice please

Chad
Hi Chad,
No need for any changes Combat groups are units of 4 Figures so no need to scale them down. How many men they represent are no problem at all as the rules give you free hand with that.

Hope that helps?
If you have any other question just shoot and someone will answer!

Cheers,
Günter
„Macht Euch Euren Dregg alleene“

"Sort your filth out by yourself!" The King of Saxony Friedrich August III., at his abdication 1918, referred to the quarrels in the parliament and the squabbling within the provisional government.
Chad
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Re: Change of scale

Post by Chad » Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:30 pm

Günter

Many thanks

Chad