How to depict rocket artillery

Questions, chat, feedback and developments relating to REPUBLIC TO EMPIRE... Wargaming the wars of Napoleon Bonaparte.
14th Brooklyn
Colonel
Colonel

How to depict rocket artillery

Post by 14th Brooklyn » Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:27 pm

How do,you guys depict rocket artillery (stats wise) in R2E? What is their range, do units hit have to take a morale check? How do you treat batteries like the 2nd at Waterloo (mix of 9pdrs and rockets)… are they allowed to fire at separate targets from the rest of the battery like howitzers in regular batteries?

Thanks and a Merry Christmas,

Burkhard
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: How to depict rocket artillery

Post by barr7430 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:09 am

Hmm.. sorry I missed this.. will revert
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Friedrich August I. » Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:47 am

While Barry is digging for the Rules.... :D

I remember the use of Congreve Rockets in the ACW...that was fun :lol:
The rules we used stated that you fire at the target as desired but to see what will be actually hit you roll a D6 and according to the number rolled the rocket divert, at 1,2,3, to the left in inches or at 4,5,6 to the right in 1 to 3 inches.

Firing at a line formation was a certain hit but firing at a coloumn... well! :wink:
„Macht Euch Euren Dregg alleene“

"Sort your filth out by yourself!" The King of Saxony Friedrich August III., at his abdication 1918, referred to the quarrels in the parliament and the squabbling within the provisional government.
Leondegrande
Private
Private

Post by Leondegrande » Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:26 pm

Wasn't the main task of rockets the noise to make cavalry routing (friend and foe) instead of damage?

So more a psychological effect like -1 or -2 to control checks if the target of the battery is cavalry/mounted.

I can only remember the use of rocket artillery at the Völkerschlacht of Leipzig or the presence of it (one?) at least, but without any effect.

Just my 2 cent.

Regards
Olaf