Can I use R2E rules?

Questions, chat, feedback and developments relating to REPUBLIC TO EMPIRE... Wargaming the wars of Napoleon Bonaparte.
Leither

Can I use R2E rules?

Post by Leither » Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:55 am

I have a small 6x4 wargames area and have therefore based my French and Austrians in the following manner:
French: 18 fis, 2 figs a company based in 4s with the 2 Voltigeurs based seperately for skirmishing.

Austrians:24 fis again based in 4s.

I am thinking about purchasing R2E but I have been told when I bought other rules, yes your basings are okay only to find I had to do a lot of conversions.

Can someone advise.

Also not got cavalry back but their strengths will be about 12 figs or there abouts.

Help please.

Thanking you in advance and sorry if the question seems obvious it is not to me.
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Re: Can I use R2E rules?

Post by Friedrich August I. » Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:26 am

Hello Leither,

First of all welcome to the forum.
Don't be shy. We all started in this forum with asking questions :D

To your question about basing for RtE:
RtE demands no specific kind of basing. You can use any type or size that is convenient for you and your Miniatures. So even if they are already based is there no necessity to rebase them.

Hope that helps.

If you have any question just ask and I am sure that one of us will be here to answer it.

Best Wishes,

Günter
CoG :)
„Macht Euch Euren Dregg alleene“

"Sort your filth out by yourself!" The King of Saxony Friedrich August III., at his abdication 1918, referred to the quarrels in the parliament and the squabbling within the provisional government.
Leither

Re: Can I use R2E rules?

Post by Leither » Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:50 am

Thanks for the reassurance about the rules.

I will definately purchase myself a copy and thanks for the welcome.

Yours Sincerely
Leither