Seven Years War in India

This forum section is open to posts, questions and comments on conflicts between the end of the Great Northern War and the start of the French Revolution. So, Austrian Succession, SYW AND AWI affecionados .. this is for you!
Gary
Private First Class
Private First Class

Seven Years War in India

Post by Gary » Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:47 pm

Hello all.

It is about this time of year when my thoughts drift to future projects and one which I have a firm interest in from initial reading is the 7 Years War in India.

I can source a few figures (in both 15 and 28mm), but have never gamed in this period before, let alone this rather off-beat part of it.

I have one question, one which I often use to determine how I develop a project:

What sets of rules are there that will enable me to specifically cover this theatre, with its peculiar traits?

Yours hopefully,

Gary
parkinspieces
Major
Major

Re: Seven Years War in India

Post by parkinspieces » Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:52 pm

Hi Gary,
A good starting point for inspiration and ideas is the brilliant Golconda Rising blog :D and as it should be, all in glorious 28mm 8)

http://golcondarising.blogspot.com/

I've lost count of the times I've come close to ordering stuff for this period due to this blog. If you go back through the posts he does, if my memory is right, discuss not only rules but also books/uniforms of the period to.

Hope you enjoy.

Regards

Stuart