Eureka Miniatures Arquebussiers de Grassin

This forum section is open to posts, questions and comments on conflicts between the end of the Great Northern War and the start of the French Revolution. So, Austrian Succession, SYW AND AWI affecionados .. this is for you!
Rohan Wilmott
Sergeant Major of the Army

Eureka Miniatures Arquebussiers de Grassin

Post by Rohan Wilmott » Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:52 pm

Seasons Greetings, all!

I wanted to bring to your attention the excellent mid-18th century figures done by Eureka Miniatures in Australia. I MUST HASTEN TO SAY THAT I AM IN NO WAY CONNECTED TO THE COMPANY EXCEPT AS A SATISFIED CUSTOMER.

I have purchased some of their Arquebussiers de Grassin infantry (some nice pictures of these in Charles S Grants' "The Annexation of Chiraz" book) as well as their Saxon Chevau Leger von Bruehl for my long term Imagi-nation project.

Nic Robson of Eureka has a Club 100 scheme that asks for expressions of interest from gamers & when this reaches a certain level, he puts the figures into preparation.

He has reached the decision point for the Mounted arm of the Arquebussiers de Grassin and is asking for firm expressions of interest in this project. This is where my "vested interest" lies - I would very much like these figures produced as I need them to go with my existing foot. :twisted: :roll: :D

So if you would also like these interesting figures for your French or Imagi-nation army, please contact Nic via the Eureka site so the project becomes a reality. Also have a look at the other 28mm Age of Reason figures he produces & see what is on the Club 100 (or Club 300 for 15mm) lists. On the home page, click "Browse by Scale" and click 28mm, then click "Eureka", then Age of Reason on the top line. The A de G are in the Austrian War of Succession list, and the Saxons in the SYW list. Nic plans releasing French soon too.

Eureka also does some very nice Tyrolean Insurgents for the Revolutionary/Napoleonic era, but I feel they would not go amiss "elsewhere".

http://www.eurekamin.com.au/

Cheers, Rohan.
flags_of_war
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Re: Eureka Miniatures Arquebussiers de Grassin

Post by flags_of_war » Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:14 am

You will have some flags for when you get them as well. :lol:
Der Alte Fritz
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Der Alte Fritz » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:10 pm

Any updates on the mounted Grassins project?
Duke of Plaza-Toro
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Duke of Plaza-Toro » Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:39 am

Jim

A quick exchange of emails with Nic tells me Eureka will be sounding out all the original subscribers (to confirm their interest / pre-orders) next month (October). If all is well regarding numbers sculpting will begin shortly afterwards - and Alan Marsh is quick. Nic hopes to have them ready before Christmas.

Not too late to put in "an expression of interest" to ensure they get across the line. Just drop Nic a line at the Eureka website.

DPT
In enterprise of martial kind, When there was any fighting, He led his regiment from behind -
He found it less exciting.

http://worldcrisisinminiature.wordpress.com/
Rohan Wilmott

Post by Rohan Wilmott » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:17 am

My Dear Duke, That is good news indeed!

I shall drop Nic a line, even though I have subscribed originally. Do you have any of the foot? They are very tasty and just scream out for a "Charles Grant sized unit"! :D (or Black Powder I guess :wink: ).

His Saxons are worth a look too, especially the Chevau Leger von Brühl! These chaps with their different (casquet) hats would grace any Imagi-nation as well as any Saxon force.

Cheers, Rohan.
Rohan Wilmott

Post by Rohan Wilmott » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:51 pm

Greetings, Gentlemen!

Just thought I'd update you on the progress of these figures from Eureka, and try to spark interest in several others that are on the Club 100 list too (purely for self-interest as I would like Nic Robson to get these figures sculpted as well :wink: :roll: )

Nic sent me an email tonight about the plans for the mounted troops from the Arquebusiers de Grassin (listed at present in the Club100 section on p2 as 100CLUBHM24) ->

"" Based on responses received last year we are proposing to make the following figures:

100AOR75 Arquebusiers de Grassin 1744 - 49 mounted trooper, scouting on
trotting horse (4)
100AOR76 Arquebusiers de Grassin 1744 - 49 mounted officer, scouting on
trotting horse (1)
100AOR75 Arquebusiers de Grassin 1744 - 49 mounted standard bearer, scouting
on trotting horse (1)
100AOR75 Arquebusiers de Grassin 1744 - 49 mounted horn blower, scouting on
trotting horse (1)
(number in brackets indicates the number of variants)

Can you please let me know by the end of November if you would still
purchase the figures, and the quantity of each code that you would like?
If we still have the numbers to make the figures at that point, we
anticipate delivery to you in February 2013.
""

If anyone has contact with Charles S. Grant, I think he may be interested in this, too, as he has mentioned his desire to add a mounted arm to his foot contingent of the arquebusiers in one of his Wargaming in History books.

I can also say that Stuart at Maverick Miniatures and Iain at Flags of War have both got versions of the flags for this unit, horse & foot, in their listings.

Furthermore, Nic has kindly added a new listing in the Club 100 section for Legion de Saxe - item number CLUB100HM105 on page 2 of the Club 100 listing. I sent Nic details for the Uhlans/Lanciers of the Volontaires de Saxe & also the dragoons, so expressions of interest in both would be wonderful!

Could I also inspire you all to consider subscribing to the listing on p3 for the SYW Schaumberg-Lippe-Bukeberg Carabiniers 100CLUBHM44. These are such unusual troops that participated in the Kleine Krieg of the Allied army in Germany under Ferdinand of Brunswick - every army needs them, especially any Imagi-nation force!! :roll: :twisted:

So, drop in to Eureka (& referring to a thread in General Discussion), I don't think his figures are too expensive for their high quality, & a jolly sight cheaper than a resin character figure from GW!

http://www.eurekamin.com.au/

Cheers to all, Rohan

(DPT, I'm sure you will support me here!! Blow the mustering trumpets loud & gather the forces! - purely as a matter of self-interest!)