We are now selling AWI Flags from Quindia

This forum section is open to posts, questions and comments on conflicts between the end of the Great Northern War and the start of the French Revolution. So, Austrian Succession, SYW AND AWI affecionados .. this is for you!
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

We are now selling AWI Flags from Quindia

Post by barr7430 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:14 am

Clarence and I are delighted to announce that the online shop is now selling flags for the American War of Independence starting with 15 British units who fought in the Southern Theatre. Those will appear in the shop today. They will be followed by a variety of other flags from the war all done in Clarence's inimitable style.
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
turrabear
Major General
Major General

Re: We are now selling AWI Flags from Quindia

Post by turrabear » Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:36 pm

will you be adding American and loyalist flags to the range looking for American flags for 1777-78 period.
quindia
General
General

Re: We are now selling AWI Flags from Quindia

Post by quindia » Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:29 pm

Yes!

I have a lot of American flags already, but I am trying to figure out how to organize them. There are so many flags that are unknown that many are pure conjecture based on conventions of the time. For the most part units provided their own flags (or not... many units probably didn't have flags, but as a wargamer I always include them).

I will also offer 'Betsy Ross' stars and stripes and other variations despite the fact that these were rarely (never?) actually carried by units in the field. Popular folklore and Hollywood place them at certain battles and they are a recognizable symbol of the period.