dragoons

A board for questions and discussion relating to Clarence Harrison's ECW focused rules which are growing in popularity. Please post here for questions and discussion relating to VWQ
bibio
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

dragoons

Post by bibio » Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:43 pm

Dragoons are becoming a problem in so far as how many stand should be firingwhen dismounted, its alright when the regiments are four stands strong, we allow three firing stands its when we're dow to a squadron the problem arises do we go for a deduction in firng dice or ignore it and allow them all to fire.There is also the question of what kind of firearms they have as we have a random generator they can be armed in all probability with firelocks it can make them devasting given the right circumstances.

iain
Liam A of E
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Liam A of E » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:57 am

Iain, I thought your dragoons were armed with SMGs? :lol:

I havent checked the rules on Dragoons for a while, but would think that once down to a Squadron they either get reduced firing dice (at least -1), or else need to make a morale test before firing to stop them mounting up and bugging out - unless an officer is attached to stiffen their backs?

As to weapons, it depends if you are a "chuck everything you have on" player (which we are), or more points/ historical sides based.

For us, I have no problems with random generation, you takes your chances. But if firelocks are a bit too powerful, why not reflect the fact that newfangled "weppones" could bugger up the quartermasters job, and Dragoons, being more mobile, may be less well supplied, and give a bigger role to the reload card? Say cumulative loss of dice until a reload card pops up?

Anyhoo some thoughts.
Vex me Not, or I will have you dragged awhile....