House Rules for VWQ

A board for questions and discussion relating to Clarence Harrison's ECW focused rules which are growing in popularity. Please post here for questions and discussion relating to VWQ
Bluebear
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

House Rules for VWQ

Post by Bluebear » Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:00 am

Clarence,

For my upcoming four-player game on Sunday, I've modified the rules slightly in that each "unit card" drawn will actually activate two units (one for each player on a side). The "commander cards" will not be "doubled-up".

I figured that this would keep everyone involved on every unit card (and speed things up a bit) . . . but when a command card is drawn, the players not moving get to see what is happening on the "rest" of the table.

I've set it up so that sometimes a "two-unit card" will prompt two foote units, sometimes two cav units, but most often one of each.

I will try to remember to take photos . . . but sometimes I get too caught up in the game to remember to do so.

The account will be posted next week on my Stagonia blog since the fight (a quasi-Cropredy Bridge) will still be using my late Renaissance figures with Stagonia (Parliament) facing Pete's Duchy of the North (Royalist).

-- Jeff

http://stagonia.blogspot.com/
quindia
General
General

Post by quindia » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:44 am

It would be great if you get some pics!
Bluebear
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Bluebear » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:03 pm

Clarence,

On my "End of Turn" card I have added the note to "Take Photos" . . . which seems like a good thing to add to all "End of Turn" cards.

-- Jeff
kiwipeterh
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by kiwipeterh » Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:44 am

Bluebear wrote:Clarence,

On my "End of Turn" card I have added the note to "Take Photos" . . . which seems like a good thing to add to all "End of Turn" cards.

-- Jeff
What a good idea. A prize for that man. :D

Salute
von Peter himself ... who often gets too wrapped up in a game and has a marked deficiency of photos at the end.
Visit the blog of von Peter himself at http://vonpeterhimself.wordpress.com/
bibio
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by bibio » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:51 am

For my upcoming four-player game on Sunday, I've modified the rules slightly in that each "unit card" drawn will actually activate two units (one for each player on a side). The "commander cards" will not be "doubled-up".
It'll be interesting to see how you get on,part of the enjoyment of the cards is that you never know whats coming so allwing two units to move(one on either side) would to me take something away.

iain[/quote]
Bluebear
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Bluebear » Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:38 pm

bibio,

I think that you have misunderstood me. What I intended to point out that the two units moving would be for the same army . . . just one by each of the players for that side (one on each end of the table.

Thus the two players playing the Royalists would each get a specific unit to move when that "two-unit card" was drawn, not one Royalist and one Parliamentarian.

I believe that I was on pain medication (pinched nerve) when I typed my initial post, so I'm sure that the fault is mine. By the way, one of the reasons we are trying this is because we have a limited amount of time to play the game, so this will hopefully help speed it up.

-- Jeff