Swedish Brigades and Spanish Tercios with VWQ

A board for questions and discussion relating to Clarence Harrison's ECW focused rules which are growing in popularity. Please post here for questions and discussion relating to VWQ
Emir of Askaristan
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Swedish Brigades and Spanish Tercios with VWQ

Post by Emir of Askaristan » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:45 am

First of all Hi Folks,
This is my first post but I've been a fan of the rules for some time now and have recently picked them up again for a few games. Although I have an ECW army I'm keen to use the rules for the TYW too, swapping command figs and standards to make my figures Swedes and their allies while a friend takes the Imperialists.

Anyway...

What I wanted to know was does anyone have any thoughts on how to represent Swedish Brigades and Spanish Tercios using VWQ. At the moment my thinking is to group the current units together and give them mutual command and morale benefits (possibly firing too), rather than adopt a new "formation" for units. My reasoning is that the scale of the rules is really set at smaller games and therefor the units on the table already represent the subunits of a larger "brigade". Clarence also hints at something along these lines in the rules on p9 & p10

So...any thoughts?? - anyone tried something out??
All the Best

The Emir
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:04 pm

Salam Emir!

Our cunning plan is to 'write' the TYW bit soon. We hope to have VWQ in the BLB/R2E style as a book probably next project. I will likely get a bit more involved with Clarence on the rules side when the TYW bit comes into play as that has always been my more dominant interest v ECW.
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
Emir of Askaristan
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Emir of Askaristan » Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:58 am

Excellent,
I'll be looking forward to that, please do keep me posted. Meantime I will keep the good folks here up to date with any games we manage to get going and any house rules we come up with.
All the Best

The Emir
kiwipeterh
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by kiwipeterh » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:21 am

barr7430 wrote:Salam Emir!

Our cunning plan is to 'write' the TYW bit soon. We hope to have VWQ in the BLB/R2E style as a book probably next project. I will likely get a bit more involved with Clarence on the rules side when the TYW bit comes into play as that has always been my more dominant interest v ECW.
A most fine and excellent cunning plan. Well done those two men who seem to have a boundless appetite for self flagellation!! :shock:

:D

Salute
von Peter himself
Visit the blog of von Peter himself at http://vonpeterhimself.wordpress.com/
Emir of Askaristan
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Emir of Askaristan » Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:32 pm

Further intelligence.....

Whilst browing at lunchtime I came across this site which kind of answers my questions on how to model these formations on the table for the moment.

I dont know if anyone's seen it before but I found it to be very well put together

[/url]http://usuarios.multimania.es/ao1617/tercios.html[/url]
All the Best

The Emir
pandour

Post by pandour » Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:55 am

:shock: VWQ like BLB/RToE ? :D
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:46 pm

Yes, format wise but of course keeping the mechanics true to their origins..
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford