On cuirassiers...

A board for questions and discussion relating to Clarence Harrison's ECW focused rules which are growing in popularity. Please post here for questions and discussion relating to VWQ
Emir of Askaristan
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

On cuirassiers...

Post by Emir of Askaristan » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:08 pm

Hi,
We had a TYW game using VWQ last night and it might have been rusty-ness or we might just be missing something but are Cuirassiers treated as Horse?

By that I mean that although they get different melee dice and movement from other "cavalry" do they get the same melee mods?

Apologies if I missed the glaringly obvious but hey...you know how it is sometimes!

I will post our amends once we've had another game and, in case you wondered, the Swedes won.
:D
All the Best

The Emir
quindia
General
General

Post by quindia » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:59 pm

Your Eminence, I have only used the rules for the ECW period and as cuirassiers are very rare on the isle, I did indeed simply treat them as horse in all respects other than the mods you mentioned.

I am hoping to start on a full blown version of VWQ (giving it the BLB/R2E treatment) later this year and I will be looking to include a chapter on the TYW so your opinion on adapting them to the slightly different theater of the continent would be welcome!
Emir of Askaristan
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Emir of Askaristan » Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:11 am

Thanks for the reply,
We'll go ahead on that basis.
Our very simple amends includes rules for Croats, the Tercio, and some other minor changes. We didn't really see the need to tinker with the rule mechanisms themselves as we don't believe the actual physical nature of movement, combat and morale was any different.
Look forward to seeing the plush version of the rules in due course!
All the Best

The Emir