The Bier Wars - TYW Battles in Imagi-nations

A board for questions and discussion relating to Clarence Harrison's ECW focused rules which are growing in popularity. Please post here for questions and discussion relating to VWQ
Emir of Askaristan
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

The Bier Wars - TYW Battles in Imagi-nations

Post by Emir of Askaristan » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:17 am

A couple of years back Aberdeen Wargames Club started up a beers wars medieval campaign. Each nation was named after a european beer and had to incorporate some part of that beers colours and badges in its banners and heraldry. Amongst the nations taking part were my own Archbishopric of Hoegaarden and the lands of Stella-Artois.

As you may have seen from previous posts on here ("On Croats...", etc) we've been looking at how to use VWQ for the TYW. Now that we have two armies to field we decided to resurrect the setting, but in the 17thC thus re-igniting the flames of war between our two states. Of course, we needed to update our background and an excuse for war...these things don't happen by themselves you know....

I'll be posting up the backgrounds and the after action reports, with photo's (now that we have some decent lighting in the club!!). So keep your eyes peeled.

:D
All the Best

The Emir
Emir of Askaristan
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Re: The Bier Wars - TYW Battles in Imagi-nations

Post by Emir of Askaristan » Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:28 pm

Bier Wars back story...
All the Best

The Emir
turrabear
Major General
Major General

Re: The Bier Wars - TYW Battles in Imagi-nations

Post by turrabear » Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:06 am

is stuart inch still in the aberdeen wargames club . if so tell him i siad hi.