Uniforms at Sedgemoor

Help related to anything in the gaming world
lenin
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Uniforms at Sedgemoor

Post by lenin » Thu Jun 16, 2005 8:24 pm

Hi,

Wondered if anyone can help me? According to Tincey's 'Armies of the Sedgemoor Campaign' grenadiers of the First Footguards had 'caps of red cloth, lined blue and laced with silver.' Now, I know this sounds daft but how does 'lined blue' work, is there someone who can explain in simpler terms?
:?
Cheers, Andy.
Anonymous

Lines and fcaings

Post by Anonymous » Thu Jun 16, 2005 10:50 pm

Lined is the outer most stiching on the cap face and side and around the button - etc. I do not know what figures you are using but the Dixon figures have raised edge so that one can line the caps.
http://www.geocities.com/pentagon/barra ... frame.html
look at the third figure from the left the Grenadier the face plate is in the centre then the facing color the thin white stiching is the line
Also around all the buttons on the uniform etc
Click 1660-1670 button for example described
http://www.geocities.com/pentagon/barra ... frame.html

Click 1685 button for example described
At good example to follow is on this page too.the first figure I would interpret in words as
following the painted image: coat blue /cap bag blue Lined white/blue facings lined white/cuffs red Lined white /Britches red / Stockings red
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Fri Jun 17, 2005 3:39 am

I have also seen a different interpretation of `lined'. It can mean the same as `faced'. For example a red coat lined blue may refer to the colour of the inside of the coat when turned back(such as cuffs). I would interpret line blue as meaning the facing colour on the cap front which for a Royal Regiment in the British Army would almost invariably be a shade of blue. :D
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
lenin
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by lenin » Fri Jun 17, 2005 10:06 pm

Thanks Guys,
I guess it's a 'language' thing. Sometimes what seems simple can be very confusing.
:roll:
Cheers, Andy