Fast painting results

Help related to anything in the gaming world
RenevandenAssem
Private First Class
Private First Class

Fast painting results

Post by RenevandenAssem » Tue Feb 08, 2005 3:38 pm

Well Barry,

As always the paintjobs are excellent. Especially the battle worn look you manage on the figures is in my view a big part of the visual bombardment you are putting us through. How do you do it ?

Eh well that is actually something I would like to ask you. Can you help me (us) mere mortals in some of the ways you paint your figures the way you do ?

I for one am very curious on the way you paint which must be some very secret mixture of handling a brush and speed since you seem to be cranking out figures faster than I would be able to buy them :lol:

Hope I don't ask the impossible ?

René
18th Century Guy
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Painting

Post by 18th Century Guy » Tue Feb 08, 2005 5:33 pm

And let me add to that a question on the flags. What type of linen do you use and what type of paints do you use on the linens? How are the flags then 'stiffened'? I'm sure you've said this many times in many other places but I do not have any WI or other similar magazines so I don't have access to those articles. Thanks in advance for all your help.

18th Century Guy
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Answering your questions

Post by barr7430 » Thu Feb 10, 2005 1:26 pm

Gentlemen,
in response to your questions I have opened a new section in the WARCHEST called Quick n' Dirty Guides. It will contain brief guidelines to techniques which seem to generate the most questions. I have started with `Weathering your troops' which should address some of Rene's issues on the `campaign' look. More to follow, I'll try and get to flags next.
Done in PDF so that should make it easy for access.

Cheers

Barry
RenevandenAssem
Private First Class
Private First Class

Sorry to make you work overtime

Post by RenevandenAssem » Fri Feb 11, 2005 6:48 pm

Hi Barry,

Eh maybe a bit late but I would remind you that there is no obligation to oblige everything asked for in the Questions :-)

Altough very very much appreciated !!!

Thanks on behalve of a lot of people I think.

René
18th Century Guy
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Painting tips and guides

Post by 18th Century Guy » Sun Feb 13, 2005 7:41 pm

Barry,

Thanks for the very informative articles on your painting & flag creation tips. Although I know it's a lot of work I really do appreciate you taking the time to pass on this knowledge. Even though some may say you don't have to answer all our questions I'm glad you took the time to answer these. Thank you for passing on to us your knowledge and experience which can only help the hobby grow and for all of us to reach whatever level of enjoyment it is that we're trying to get from the hobby. Thanks again, your efforts are truely appreciated.

18th Century Guy