Big "E" & ULB request

Help related to anything in the gaming world
Anonymous

Big "E" & ULB request

Post by Anonymous » Sat Dec 17, 2005 10:38 pm

Barry,

Hope you are well!

First, can you re-send ULB to me, please. Outlook crashed and I lost all of my history (including my link to get ULB)! :x :cry: :cry:

Secondly, how do ya'll use the empty spaces in the "E"? Meaning, how do you move from, say, the mid horizontal to the upper? (There are obvious answers, but I'd rather ask than assume! :wink:)
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Sun Dec 18, 2005 7:44 pm

Hi !

I think the ULB link went out last night - maybe someone else could confirm receipt. This means it probably went out AFTER your PC crashed do you have it?

Ref: The Big E - the 'walk in' sections are usually impenetrable terrain. In the first major use of this design it represented dense forest through which troops could choose to march but with the possibility of them failing to reappear to complete the battle: full details of this can be found in the WARCHEST - OVERJISE SCENARIO - I think it was an article I did for the online Magazine. All maps and explanations are there. In the most recent incarnation the 'walk ins' represented low lying flooded ground which was impassable to all troops. You'll notice a small river running roughly at right angle across the board from the far end. This was the 'flood channel' making the larger walk in areas submerged.

The main river estuary is nearest the camera.

Hope this explains. Will eventually get round to putting up full maps and scenario details of Bastille Day in the Warchest
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
Tellus
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Post by Tellus » Mon Dec 19, 2005 6:39 pm

barr7430 wrote:Hi !

I think the ULB link went out last night - maybe someone else could confirm receipt. This means it probably went out AFTER your PC crashed do you have it?
Hi Barry,
got it;fortunatly no crash :D
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Wed Dec 21, 2005 11:53 am

THanks, Barry! :)