Figure Conversion

Help related to anything in the gaming world
conflans
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Figure Conversion

Post by conflans » Mon Apr 17, 2006 1:03 am

Barry;

In your Gret Northern War gallery you have a photo titled "Swedish Bayonets 1709." You note that the pikeman is a conversion using a head swap; however, the figure looks like it might have had a breastplate originally. Would you care to dispense a little conversion advice; i.e., did you use putty to smooth the line between armor and coat, did you simply file everything or did you use a combination of techniques? Also. how did you mold the buttons?

Thanks.

Bob Miller
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Mon Apr 17, 2006 11:00 am

Hey Bob, you really got me thinking about that one!!! It's so long since I did it!

It's really a little simpler than it might appear. The body is from a series of pikemen that Foundry issued rather later than the original range. They all had soft felt hats(I think there were three poses in total). They do have breast plates but actually they are pretty easy to disguise with the minimum of scraping and filing. The buttons - two ways to do it. First: to roll some tiny balls of Milliput and apply with a scalpel - very fiddly. Alternatively, simply paint some black dots on the finished uniform and dot in the buttons. The head is just a straight swap - drill and pin from the Marlgurian range.

Hope this helps

B
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford