Warfare Miniatures and Dixon Miniatures in the Same Unit

Information related to WARFARE MINIATURES releases, future releases, range development, painting, figure usage, conversions
conflans
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Warfare Miniatures and Dixon Miniatures in the Same Unit

Post by conflans » Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:53 pm

Has anyone mixed Warfare and Dixon figures in the same unit? I have a random selection of Dixon miniatures and want to mix them with Warfare miniatures rather than order more Dixon figures to complete units. I have nothing against Dixon figures but I'd rather put money into lead rather than postage right now.

Thanks.
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Warfare Miniatures and Dixon Miniatures in the Same Unit

Post by barr7430 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:20 am

http://quindiastudios.blogspot.com/2011 ... tures.html

Clarence has a pic I took a while back comparing sizes. The anatomy and height are very close. I personally haven;t mixed them yet but they look ok side by side in distinct units.. wouldn't think it a problem
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
EvilGinger
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by EvilGinger » Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:21 am

I have and whilst I don't have a picture I will happily assert that the Warfare range and Dixon range mix very nicely my French militia company contains both though the picture on my blog the last before my camera went off to get fixed is of the Warfare ones alone.

As it was supposed to represent Militia I used the open handed Dixon levy as pike men and musketeers at the ready to give the unit a less professional look and a selection of their LoA codes to add a greater range of pose to the firing line and think they work together in character and scale an complement each other.well.

:evil: Ginger
conflans
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by conflans » Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:44 am

Thank you gentlemen. I am orgainizing the troops now.