WARFARE PRIVATE COMMISSIONS - WHAT INTERESTS YOU?

Information related to WARFARE MINIATURES releases, future releases, range development, painting, figure usage, conversions

What codes might you invest in/buy if available

You may select up to 10 options

View results
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: WARFARE PRIVATE COMMISSIONS - WHAT INTERESTS YOU?

Post by barr7430 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:52 am

Dear All,

thought it was time to update youin developments. There will be similar but not 'duplicate' posts elsewhere on the Warfar boards so probably helpful to read them all for a complete picture.

First off, general information on releases.

The is a wadge of stuff which is cast and ready to release but I just haven;t gotten round to posting up in the shop. Tomorrow (since I am home for a few days) will be the appropriate time I think.
This includes:
TUMBRIL CART
WAGON
LIMBER with varying number of horses

In addition, shortly you will see:
Dismounted dragoon command in hat
Enthusiastic cavalry command

Currently being master moulded for release in April:
French dismounted dragoons on foot
Dismounted dragoon command in fur hats
Additional cavalry officers

Currently being sculpted
Gardes Francaises/Gardes Suisses
Mounted dragoons

We have also been framing the GNW project and will be in a position to get infantry released shortly. This will again be an experimental pack but a separate thread exists now to get thiw venture off the ground and those interested in subscribing to the initiative should make some idea contributions there.

As can be seen the commitment to new releases remains high.
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
Dfogleman2
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by Dfogleman2 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:22 am

Good news! On the GNW front, which thread should be post on? In any event, whatever you need, I will support it.
Theo Raykoske
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post by Theo Raykoske » Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:23 pm

The future looks bright!

I wonder if we might eventually see some dashing Gendarmerie (or even Maison cavalry) with tricornes? I've plumbed for WSS and whilst the choices for foot are very decent, there is something lacking a bit in the horse ....

I'll be adding some squadrons of helmeted cuirassiers later this year to my collection. They'll be my Bavarians. And some of your cavalry command looks superb .... My Maximilian will be a charger!

But I'd love some Gendarmerie that look they could crash into something and lay about them left and right ...

Just a thought .. a dream, Barry & Clarence ... What you are putting out there is first rate.

Theo
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:49 pm

We are currently doing more cavalry dollies and as you've probably seen with the Cuirassiers, we are doing all of the headgear to cover 1680-1720. This means the newer cavalry will have both hats and tricornes and probably French shoulder ribbons. The Gendarmes and Gardes du Corps will doubtless feature Theo. Hang on in there!

Henry Ford
Cheriton
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Cheriton » Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:58 pm

barr7430 wrote:We are currently doing more cavalry dollies and as you've probably seen with the Cuirassiers, we are doing all of the headgear to cover 1680-1720. This means the newer cavalry will have both hats and tricornes and probably French shoulder ribbons. The Gendarmes and Gardes du Corps will doubtless feature Theo. Hang on in there!
Barry:

Having returned from other "realms" recently, I am overwhelmed by the bounty of booty in new figures I now see here! :shock:

I'd like to order a couple of "apostles" regiments and a couple of early cuirassier units (eg German lobster and hats). I do have two questions which may get me drop-kicked to the Wargames Factory boards. :roll:

I suspect these were asked somewhere here back when the "apostles" first appeared...

1. Can the "apostles" be gotten without the kneeling firing figure? A personal quirk, I have never cared for the pose in a wargames unit.

2. Any plans to offer battalion packs for the "apostles" units?

Looking like 2013 is going to be a grand year for 1685-1703... :D

Cheers,

Michael
"Blessing of your heart you brew good ale."

~ Shakespeare
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:26 pm

Hello Michael,

as always I try and cater to the every need of fellow gamers so Apostle equipped battlaion packs can pretty much be made to order. If that means not 'kneelers' just specify in an email direct to wordtwister@hotmail.co.uk. There are battalion packs for the apostle chaps but I just haven't photographed them and put them on the site yet. They are described somewhere though... just can't remember where :oops:

There is an 'at the ready' (no firers), firing line (loaders and firers). firing line under pressure (with casualties) with pikes £27.00, without 21.60 postage on top. Let me know what you want and I'll email a price

Henry Ford
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Friedrich August I. » Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:44 am

barr7430 wrote:.....They are described somewhere though... just can't remember where :oops:

There is an 'at the ready' (no firers), firing line (loaders and firers). firing line under pressure (with casualties) with pikes £27.00, without 21.60 postage on top. Let me know what you want and I'll email a price
Just scroll back to page 4 of this thread :wink:
„Macht Euch Euren Dregg alleene“

"Sort your filth out by yourself!" The King of Saxony Friedrich August III., at his abdication 1918, referred to the quarrels in the parliament and the squabbling within the provisional government.
Cheriton
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Cheriton » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:15 pm

barr7430 wrote:Hello Michael,

There are battalion packs for the apostle chaps but I just haven't photographed them and put them on the site yet. They are described somewhere though... just can't remember where :oops:
I assumed there were answers elsewhere, sorry, thanks for the info.
barr7430 wrote:There is an 'at the ready' (no firers), firing line (loaders and firers). firing line under pressure (with casualties) with pikes £27.00, without 21.60 postage on top. Let me know what you want and I'll email a price
Those are exactly what I am looking for. But... are you saying £21.60 shipping (80%) on top of a £27.00 unit? :shock: Or is that £21.60 for the unit plus £5.40 shipping (25%) for £27.00 per battalion pack delivered?

I had heard rumors of a big Royal Mail increase, but... :? I will send you the specifics of my intended order shortly.

Cheers,

Michael

~ Shakespeare
Ben Waterhouse
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by Ben Waterhouse » Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:09 pm

I think it is £21.60 without pike; plus postage on top... :D
Arma Pacis Fulcra

God, War, Drink.
Cheriton
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Cheriton » Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:29 pm

Ben:
Ben Waterhouse wrote:I think it is £21.60 without pike; plus postage on top... :D
Many thanks, powerful things, commas! :lol:

Mental note to self: Be more circumspect when composing posts before dawn. :roll:

Cheers,

Michael

~ Shakespeare
Theo Raykoske
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post by Theo Raykoske » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:33 pm

Barry,

Thanks for the encouragement! I think this is already a very good range.

My painter's eyes are much smaller than my collector's belly so I can wait for MY Gendarmerie! Frenchmen need panache!

All Good Wishes

Theo
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:18 am

My commitment to this period is long standing but up till recently that manifested itself through gaming, painting and writing. Now with Warfare, Wordtwister and Quindia Studios artwork we can add extra dimensions and keep fellow LoA/WSS/GNW gamers like us happy!
The release schedule will continue unabated. Forwards!! :D

Henry Ford
Dfogleman2
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by Dfogleman2 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:10 pm

Barry,

When you put up the new limbers, etc., in the shop, can you also put up the cavalry lances with finials. I have 12 squadrons of empty-handed standard bearers awaiting them!
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:19 pm

working on that right now Dannie.. you may have noticed the GNW Russian flags just up!

Henry Ford
Dfogleman2
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by Dfogleman2 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:28 pm

barr7430 wrote:working on that right now Dannie.. you may have noticed the GNW Russian flags just up!
I have. Hopefully, it won't be long before we have soe figures for them.