Infantry conversion

Information related to WARFARE MINIATURES releases, future releases, range development, painting, figure usage, conversions
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Infantry conversion

Post by obriendavid » Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:37 pm

Apart from being a wargames butterfly I am also a terrible tinkerer, always altering rules and like to make little changes to figures.
As if Warfare Miniatures didn't have a huge variation there are still a few different types I would like to have in my units just to make them a bit different from everyone elses. I had been talking to Barry about these so he asked me to post up a pic. Apologies for the poor quality photos.
The top figure is the conversion and the bottom figure is the original.

Cheers
Dave
PaulMc
Colonel
Colonel

Re: Infantry conversion

Post by PaulMc » Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:46 pm

Dave that's an excellent conversion! It adds that wee bit more variety. Have you done any more or are you planning to?
"We shall attack across the minefield, under cover of daylight!"
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:26 pm

I'll probably do some more just to give that little more interest to units.
It's either that or putting a bit extra into the basing of units to make them stand out. This figure is going into Clanrickarde's regiment which I've just started basing up and am attempting to having a cannon ball bouncing just about to take someone out rather than my usual method of just having the trails of where the balls have fallen short.
Cheers
Dave
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:18 pm

Dave, many thanks for posting this I really want people to stretch the old imagination with the Warfare stuff. As you are such a creative chap anyway I hadn't expected anything less than top stuff! He has a nice look about him.. straight off the farm I think... Donegal or Galway or somewhere!
The original is lovely too!

Great stuff! 8)
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford