LoA WEEKENDERS - Derby Dates and details 2012

Info and chat about wargaming weekend events arranged by LEAGUE OF AUGSBURG in both England and Scotland
Blucher
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

LoA WEEKENDERS - Derby Dates and details 2012

Post by Blucher » Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:17 pm

With demand from Forum Members (and various others from the Wargaming Community), Barry, (Toggy) Bob Talbot, and myself, Adrian Howe have been working towards LoA Weekenders that are 'South of The Border'.

This has now been achieved and we are to offer up the opportunity for Gamers to take part in 2 Spectacular Weekenders that will be held in Derby in 2012. These games are not for the 'faint hearted' - they are BIG.

Both games will feature:

Figures from Barry's/LoA and LoGW member collections
Terrain from my collection (see LoA 'on tour' section of gallery for previews)
'Gaming Table' approx 400-500 sq ft!!!
Players commanding Division/Corps as part of Multi Player game.

Now the important stuff:

March Fri23/Sat24/Sun25 2012 - Napoleonic 1813 Weekender

October Fri12/Sat13/Sun14 2012 - Grand Alliance/WSS (1700's ish) Weekender

We are strictly limiting the number of place on each Weekender to 16 people (8 aside)

Apart from the gaming with 'gorgeous toys', your venue is in a 4* Grade 2 listed building and comprises 2 nights accomodation (in en suite single bedroom) and full weekend meals package. So upon arrival on the Friday night, you do not even need to leave the building! All you need to bring is your dice and tape measure!!

THE COST OF EITHER WEEKENDER IS £230 (per person)

You may be aware that LoA had a 'demo game' at Derby Worlds Wargames Show and there was great interest in the upcoming 2012 Weekenders so 'centrally located' in the UK.

So, if you are interested in further 'info/itinerary/booking form', in the first instance would you please drop me a line via the forum 'private messages area' giving email/contact details so I can forward relevent details via PDF.

The booking process for the Derby Weekenders is different from previous Weekenders as all payment are to LoA. With this in mind all bookings will be on a strict first come first served basis. Bookings will only be confirmed by a £50 deposit. The balance of £180 will be due 12 weeks prior to the actual Weekender (further terms and conditions on booking form).

Wether you book as an individual gamer or wish to come with some friends, we will try to accomodate any Command/Nationality bias you may have (if possible in the Scenario) or just go for a random command. Do not worry if you have not played with Barry's rule sets (R2E or BLB) - your hosts will have you up to speed and be onhand and orchestrating the game all the way through - even an inexperienced player will be up to speed with the mechanics after a few turns!

So if you fancy being part of a spectacular Gaming Weekender with fantastic gaming, humourous banter, great food and drink (if you wish) then all of this is on offer!

Please feel free to ask any questions either in 'open form' or via 'private message'.

Adrian Howe